FWIW... Ames Company is back in business selling AMES PHOS, for those interested..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
I received an e-mail from them this morning..   After a long court fight, 9 years, the court allowed Joe Ames Jr. to open and operate his fathers business...  Joe Sr. passed away in 2008..   

I imagine this "reopening" will be a struggle...

Personally, I have used their "AMES PHOS" and found it to be a go-to product...  I did find a substitute that is great at Amazon..   I'm not recommending one product over the other....   Just letting folks know the Ames Co. is back open and what's out there....

Dear Customers,

THANK YOU!

It's been a long time since you've heard from us, so let me first thank you for being our customer! Whether you come to us for our FAB meat enhancer dry mix, hard-to-find ingredients like I&G or top flight sodium phosphate, or convenient ingredient mixes for home made soup, sausage and cured meats, thank you.

Joe Ames started Ames Company more than twenty years ago so home cooks could access the same high quality ingredients used every day by commercial R&D labs.  Dad passed away in 2008 but I've done my personal best to keep his store open, exhausting my life's saving to stay in business while every financial market in the world was crashing before our eyes. But despite it all, here we are and we are still in business!

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT!

A few weeks ago, Pennsylvania's Commonwealth Court appointed me the sole administrator of Dad's estate including the Ames Company. Yes, indeed nine years unusually long delay. Frightening at times, with my family's financial future at stake, wholly invested in the business. And yes, the bills. It's a fact of life that bills accumulate faster than you can find ways to pay them.

But for the first time in nearly a decade, the Ames Company and its TheIngredientStore are under NEW, ACTIVE MANAGEMENT! The days of having to stand by and do nothing apart from the most basic of care taking are over. We are back in business again.

Reactions: whistech
I ordered direct from them in PA. They lived about 15 miles from me.

Thanks Dave I just ordered 2 pounds of Ames Phos.     I've been trying to order it for at least 2 years.    Points for your sharing the good news.

Last edited:
Good to hear...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky