Delayed finish baby back ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sirsquatch

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Northern Va
Yesterday was my dads birthday so I wanted to make him some ribs for the big day. It was an interesting test for me since we spend Sundays at his place for a day of football but our game was at 9:30am and the plan was for a family breakfast. These ribs were for a late lunch/supper but it means I had to smoke them here and then finish them on my dads Weber. 

Using St. Basil's BBQ Chop and Rib Rub from Oakland Spice Shop (my sister in law sent it, figured I should try it).

3 hours later and they are off to be wrapped. Normally I go around 2 hours wrapped here but I went short here slightly and only went 90 minutes to see how it would go with them saying overnight before being heated/sauced.

Also new is I'm using some Date Sugar and more of the rub for the wrap. I couldn't taste anything different, but also didn't taste anything bad so...draw?

They came out okay, a little dry and flavor didn't pop as much as I was expecting even though I sauced them. My dad enjoyed them and that's what counts. Overall I think the delayed finished was just fine if needed but obviously would prefer them come off the Egg fresh.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky