Deerburgers with Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Deerburgers with Cheese

I still got a few packs of this stuff left from last year. It’s actually 50% Venison, 25% Pork, and 25% Beef. We tried all kinds of percentages, and this is the best we ever had (All Agreed). 

No sides this time, so I ate 2 of them.

Gotta make room in the freezer for 2014 Deer (TBA).

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

7 Deerburgers on the Weber Q 320:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0980.jpg.html

Grill marks on first side:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0982.jpg.html

Closer look:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0981.jpg.html

In the rolls with melted cheese, Ketchup & Mustard. BTW—I tear the corners of the cheese off, so it doesn’t run down on the grill:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0983.jpg.html

Nice & Juicy Bear-Bait:
http://s836.photobucket.com/user/Bearcarver_2009/media/DSCN0984.jpg.html

Looks tasty. I love venison and beef burgers. Or venison n pork.

So, when are you opening the burger stand? I'll come!

Disco
You gotta make the rolls!!!
biggrin.gif

Bear

Those look great! Get a few more of those darn deer off the streets as a favor to us all!

Great lookin meal Bear ! YUM !! :drool Love anything venison ! Thumbs Up

Hoping to get some venison myself here in a few weeks ! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Good eats there Bear !  I eat so much venison I don't even have to blend it anymore. Just brush with olive oil and drop on to a screaming hot cast iron grill so they sear and cook til medium rare. I will on occasion brush with leftover fat from whenever I've made bacon. Everything is better with bacon! 

Good looking venison there Bear! I have that same grill and love it, goes everywhere with us! We have a bunch of venison to eat up too, and I leave for a out of state archery hunt in a few days.

We started mixing diced onion and grated cheese in straight venison to grill it. Keeps it really moist.....sometimes the wife adds a beaten egg instead of the cheese, then the cheese goes on top!

But my corners always stayed on and mess up the grill
th_crybaby2.gif

Those look great! Get a few more of those darn deer off the streets as a favor to us all!
Thank You!!

Yup---They're wrecking my trees too!!

Bear
Great lookin meal Bear ! YUM !!
drool.gif
Love anything venison !
icon14.gif

Hoping to get some venison myself here in a few weeks !
biggrin.gif
Thanks Justin!!

Luck to ya!!

Bear

Good eats there Bear !  I eat so much venison I don't even have to blend it anymore. Just brush with olive oil and drop on to a screaming hot cast iron grill so they sear and cook til medium rare. I will on occasion brush with leftover fat from whenever I've made bacon. Everything is better with bacon! 
Thank You!!

I've been eating Venison since I cut my first teeth, but with most things I prefer Beef (Steaks, Roasts, ETC). The only things I like better coming from Deer are Venison Dried Beef, Sausage & Burger (Mixed with Beef & Pork).  

Absolutely Everything's Better With Bacon!!!

Bear

Good looking venison there Bear! I have that same grill and love it, goes everywhere with us! We have a bunch of venison to eat up too, and I leave for a out of state archery hunt in a few days.

We started mixing diced onion and grated cheese in straight venison to grill it. Keeps it really moist.....sometimes the wife adds a beaten egg instead of the cheese, then the cheese goes on top!

But my corners always stayed on and mess up the grill
th_crybaby2.gif
Thank You!!

You must have one of the other models of the "Q". This "Q 320" isn't too easy to move around. Some models are a lot more portable.

Bear

You must have one of the other models of the "Q". This "Q 320" isn't too easy to move around. Some models are a lot more portable.

Bear
Oh yeah Bear, I have the Q 100. No way I could tote yours around with me! Bet you can get a bunch of burgers on the 320! Feed a whole bunch of little bears at one time
biggrin.gif

Looks good Bear. I hope you have a deer to replace that soon.

Happy smoken.

David
Thanks David !!

Not yet, but shouldn't be too long!!

My Son just got an Awesome new bow, and I turned that duty over to him a few years back.

Bear

Bear, I used to hunt Potter Co. many years ago for some wily PA. whitetails. Always had fun and came home w/ a few critters for burgers/steaks,great state for hunters ! CM

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky