Deerburgers (Care of Smokey Joe)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Deerburgers (Care of Smokey Joe)

It’s been a long time since I got my “Smokey Joe” out for a run, but I was craving some real Charcoal Grill flavor. My Gas Grill is fine, but it’s just not the same as I get from my little Weber.
I don't do this often, because believe it or not, it's just too much for me any more.

So I fired up about 2/3 of a Chimney full of charcoal & one sheet of newspaper in the bottom. A little while later the coals were ready, and off we go!!
I threw 6 Deerburger Patties on & sat down for a minute.

I can’t tell you how often it happens that when I’m making Deerburgers, some Deer come out in my yard for a visit, so I snapped a couple pics of them.

A couple of flips & the Burgers were done.

Meanwhile Mrs Bear was getting some Mushrooms ready, and I had already sliced & Fried up some leftover Baked Potatoes to go with my Burger.
So I put some “Wos-Wit” Stone ground Horseradish Mustard on mine, and some Swiss Cheese & Shrooms. Then I added the Refried Baked Tater slices to my plate for a Great Supper.

Then the next night I made two more of the same Deerburgers with Swiss & Shrooms, because I didn’t have any Taters left.

That’s about it, so enjoy the Pics—Sorry there’s so many Pics, but I know some of you like them.

Bear

Getting some Coals Ready:
IMG_2289.jpg

Old Smokey Joe gets the call:
IMG_2290.jpg

Mom & two Little ones stopped for a visit. Deer burgers anyone??
IMG_2285.jpg

Mom's all the way on the left. You can just see her front leg:
IMG_2286.jpg

6 Nice Deerburgers started:
IMG_2291.jpg

Almost Done:
IMG_2292.jpg

Bringing 'em in:
IMG_2294.jpg

'Shrooms getting warm:
IMG_2306.jpg

Frying up some leftover Baked Tater slices:
IMG_2305.jpg

Toasted my Burger Bun:
IMG_2307.jpg

Adding some "Wos-Wit" (Pennsylvania Dutch) Stone Ground Horseradish Mustard:
IMG_2308.jpg

Pile of Swiss on top:
IMG_2309.jpg

And a pile of 'Shrooms on top:
IMG_2311.jpg

Finally my Tater slices on the side:
IMG_2312.jpg

NEXT NIGHT

Gonna have two, because I'm out of Tater Slices:
IMG_2315.jpg

Added Burgers & Swiss:
IMG_2316.jpg

Finished with 'Shrooms, halved, and some Pickle chips:
IMG_2317.jpg

That's a great lookin burger . Made me hungry . Just went and looked around the web site for the mustard . Alot of good lookin stuff on there .

That's a great lookin burger . Made me hungry . Just went and looked around the web site for the mustard . Alot of good lookin stuff on there .

Thank You Rich!!
Yeah, "Wos-Wit" has a lot of Tasty Stuff !!
Their Hot Bacon Dressing is exactly like we make here: Hot Bacon Dressing (Pennsylvania Dutch)
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Brother Richie!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks Fantastic I love burgers cooked over charcoal Mmmm

Like for sure

Gary

Damn tasty looking burgers Bear! The wos wit is good stuff.

I have a lil smokey joe too. I find myself using it more than my new gas grill, especially when I have the time. I love it.

So glad you were able to get the charcole cooker out. Meals look great

Damn tasty looking burgers Bear! The wos wit is good stuff.

I have a lil smokey joe too. I find myself using it more than my new gas grill, especially when I have the time. I love it.

Thank You Xray!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

You two are sounding more and more like Shaolin Monks.

I bow to the master bear-son. Those deer burgers looks fantastic.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks Chris, My Northern Grasshopper!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks good, are you cutting yours with beef?

Man, we did a roast the other day and filleted it out flat, dry rub all over both sides and filled with ham slices and swiss cheese and rolled up. Man that was good, didn't post here as I didn't take pictures. Might try it again next week with chopped portabella mushrooms in it and green peppers if they will every produce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky