Deerburger Sliders (with Big Mac Special Sauce)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Deerburger Sliders (with Big Mac Special Sauce)

So a little bit ago, I made some Big Deerburgers with my test of a Burger King Whopper Sauce Clone.
It tasted Great, but was a little on the Mild (Weak) side.

Shortly after that I went searching for the Special Sauce that McDonalds uses on their “Big Macs”.
I found one & it shows up in a number of places on the Internet, so I mixed it up.

McDonald’s Big Mac Special Sauce:
Mayo———1/2 Cup. (I used Miracle Whip)
French Dressing———2 TBS
Sweet Pickle Relish———4 tsp
Minced Onion———1 TBS (I skipped this)
White Vinegar———1 tsp
Sugar———1tsp
Salt———1/8 tsp
Stir or Whisk, and Refrigerate overnight.
That’s it—Slap it on your Burger Roll.

I’m calling these “Sliders” because we got 8 Patties out of one of our many Frozen packs of Deerburger Mix, instead of our usual 5 or 6 Patties.

So the first pair I added this sauce to, I found the sauce to be a bit Mild, much like the Whopper Sauce clone I made.
So I put a lot more sauce on the next two, but it was still a little Mild, but closer than the Whopper Sauce Clone was.
I guess I’ll stick with this one, while I proceed to try to figure out what it’s missing, unless it’s that my Taste Buds still aren’t back 100% since my Open Heart Fiasco killed them on Nov 8, 2012.
If any of you guys tries this recipe for the “Big Mac Special Sauce”, please let me know what you think, so I’ll get a better idea if it’s Me or The Sauce.

Check out the Pics below, and the Info on the Captions!

Thanks Guys!

Bear

All the Ingredients for the Big Mac Special Sauce all mixed up:
IMG_4056.jpg

8 small Deerburger Patties ready for the Grill (3 slices of cheese in the paper towel):
IMG_4057.jpg

The Sun is trying to help (at least I think that's the Sun---It's a rare thing here lately):
IMG_4058.jpg

Getting There Now!
IMG_4061.jpg

Time to melt the Cheese:
IMG_4062.jpg

All Ready for the Trip to the Kitchen:
IMG_4063.jpg

Special Sauce on all 4 sides of the rolls:
IMG_4064.jpg

Some Mater Slices too:
IMG_4065.jpg

Close 'em up & add the Pickle Chips:
IMG_4066.jpg

First ones were too mild, so as you can see, I doubled up on the Sauce:
IMG_4074.jpg

Melted Cheese & Lots of Big Mac Special Sauce:
IMG_4075.jpg

Big slice of Mater on each:
IMG_4076.jpg

Close 'em Up:
IMG_4077.jpg

One more, but without any Mater Slices. Still needs something. (IMO)
IMG_4078.jpg

Looks great. I will give the sauce a try and see what it's like.

ONIONS !!! Gotta Have Onions.
I Know you don't eat onions, Great Looking Burgers
Nice Job my friend

Gary

Looks great. I will give the sauce a try and see what it's like.

That's Great !!
I appreciate help from someone with Taste Buds still in perfect working order.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those deerburgers look great bear. As for the sauce it's close, but still no cigar. From what I've gathered trying to replicate the sauce over the years - Micks doesn't contain any tomato products(french dressing). I've been playing with different types of mustard to replace the dressing. I'm getting close, but still not there.

Point for sure
Chris

looks great bear, all this testing must be tough on you, keep trying though and you'll perfect it. I am going to try the one you posted here though,

Those deerburgers look great bear. As for the sauce it's close, but still no cigar. From what I've gathered trying to replicate the sauce over the years - Micks doesn't contain any tomato products(french dressing). I've been playing with different types of mustard to replace the dressing. I'm getting close, but still not there.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
Actually I think the flavor is right on, but just not strong enough.
However I don't know what to add to make it stronger.
Unless like I said, it could be my ruined taste buds!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I'm a fan of the Big Mac sauce as well... Wait to hear your reply Adam ... Burgers look great Bear ...​

Thank You Keith!!
I'm waiting too.

Bear

ONIONS !!! Gotta Have Onions.
I Know you don't eat onions, Great Looking Burgers
Nice Job my friend

Gary

Thank You Gary.
I love onions, but not Raw Onions!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Your lucky to have a son that hunts and shares with you.Sauce looks like Micky Dees Like
Richie

looks great bear, all this testing must be tough on you, keep trying though and you'll perfect it. I am going to try the one you posted here though,

Thank You Jim!!
Let me know what you think, then!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Your lucky to have a son that hunts and shares with you.Sauce looks like Micky Dees Like
Richie

Thank You Richie!!
He better share his Deer Meat with me---I taught him much of what he knows.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Deer season opens this weekend here in Arkansas.... and these deer burgers got me hungry! Great job!

Thank You Justin!!
Wow, you guys are early---Our Archery starts early October, but our Rifle Deer doesn't start until after Thanksgiving.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky