Deer Cheeseburgers & Onion Scramble

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Deer Cheeseburgers & Onion Scramble

Well, I did Bacon Scramble and Spam Scramble, so here’s a new one—"Onion Scramble".
Goes Great with my Deer Cheeseburgers with Fried Onions.
So I grilled some Deerburgers, Melted some American Cheese on them, and threw some Fried Onions on top.

Then the next morning, I threw the rest of the Fried Onions in a pan, added a couple Eggs, some Black Pepper, and I got a Great Breakfast. Pretty Good Stuff!!!

Next Stop is the Leftover Deerburgers with MW, Cheese, and Fresh Garden Tomato slices (Finally)—Be posting that in a few days.

Enjoy the Pics,

Bear

One nice Medium Onion:
IMG_2586.jpg

Sweating in Butter:
IMG_2587.jpg

That's about how I like them:
IMG_2589.jpg

Next I get the Deerburger on the "Q":
IMG_2590.jpg

First two with Melted Cheese & Mrs Bear's Simple Sauce:
IMG_2597.jpg

And a nice pile of Fried Onions on top, and some Pickle Chips on the side:
IMG_2598.jpg

Next morning I heat up the leftover Fried Onions in some more Butter:
IMG_2600.jpg

Then add a couple Eggs:
IMG_2601.jpg

Flip everything around awhile, until the Eggs set:
IMG_2602.jpg

Plate it, add a bunch of Black Pepper, and a couple Sausage Links.
Another Breakfast for a Bear:
IMG_2604.jpg

Looks really good. No more hunters left in the family so no more venison.

Point for sure.

Chris

Looks really good. No more hunters left in the family so no more venison.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thank You Chris!!
Hmmm---Only one hunter left on my side of the Family too---Our Son, but a few of the kids that work for him as tower climbers are always offering to shoot me a Deer. I could take them up on that, but so far Bear Jr is keeping up pretty good with our Venison Supply, since I quit Hunting.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Tasty stuff! All looks good. Throw some diced Ham in, some time. I have eaten Ham and Onion Omlettes since I was a kid. I found in my teens and 20's that a H&O Omlette after a hard night of drinking resulted in a hangover free morning. Not much drinking these days but still eating the Omlettes a couple times a month...JJ

Tasty stuff! All looks good. Throw some diced Ham in, some time. I have eaten Ham and Onion Omlettes since I was a kid. I found in my teens and 20's that a H&O Omlette after a hard night of drinking resulted in a hangover free morning. Not much drinking these days but still eating the Omlettes a couple times a month...JJ

And still no hangovers, neether.

Thanks Jimmy!!
Yup---I agree---Maybe next time---So many ways to do them---So little time!

Bear

Looks good! You could never have enough onions.

That scramble looks like a good hunters breakfast, gives you a full belly while you go get more deerburgers.

Looks very tasty, both times. Eggs just like I like em! Been a while since deer has been in my freezer, but this year I fully plan too. Have seen many great ways to enjoy.

Looks good! You could never have enough onions.

That scramble looks like a good hunters breakfast, gives you a full belly while you go get more deerburgers.

Thank You Xray!!
That full Belly helps keep ya warm in a Freezing PA Woods too!!

Bear

Looks very tasty, both times. Eggs just like I like em! Been a while since deer has been in my freezer, but this year I fully plan too. Have seen many great ways to enjoy.

Thank You Jeff!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Dang and I was in PA Saturday morning :( but was on the road before you were up. Maybe there was a left over burger in the fridge?? :rolleyes:

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky