Deceptive Labeling on smoker pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Peter Plantec

Original poster
Aug 30, 2018
If you're a newbie, beware of the deceptive labeling on smoking pellets. Old timers know that the pellet companies will often label pellets as a flavor wood in large type "Apple" followed by 100% Hardwood. Right there you know you're getting a blend. They will try to persuade you that it's all Apple by saying "No Fillers" and "Apple Flavor." But upon closer inspection you find it's only 40% apple and 60% oak or alder. There are very few 100% flavor wood pellets BBQ Delight makes some and so does Lumber Jack. I would rather make my own mixes or use the real deal. If anyone knows of a good source of a 100% pellets other than mentioned above, please post.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky