1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Deceptive Labeling on smoker pellets

Discussion in 'Info and Practices' started by Peter Plantec, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Peter Plantec

Peter Plantec Newbie

If you're a newbie, beware of the deceptive labeling on smoking pellets. Old timers know that the pellet companies will often label pellets as a flavor wood in large type "Apple" followed by 100% Hardwood. Right there you know you're getting a blend. They will try to persuade you that it's all Apple by saying "No Fillers" and "Apple Flavor." But upon closer inspection you find it's only 40% apple and 60% oak or alder. There are very few 100% flavor wood pellets BBQ Delight makes some and so does Lumber Jack. I would rather make my own mixes or use the real deal. If anyone knows of a good source of a 100% pellets other than mentioned above, please post.

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

3. Peter Plantec

Peter Plantec Newbie

Thanx Bmudd...I love his Maze style pellet smoke generator. It makes life much less complicated.