Deboned stuffed smoked chicken.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bratrules

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Southern Cali.
Its been awhile since ive posted anything ( along while I got a new born in the house). Anyway I thought i'd post up this one as this yard bird came out amazing. Its stuffed with bacon, spinach , and pepper jack and corn and a little zucchini i had left over. I smoked it at 250 with the apple pellets using the AMNPS for 45 mins the bumped up the heat to 350 to crisp the skin. 

This bird came out very juicy! 

I'd hit that
drool.gif

Good looking and nice idea with the rolling and tying .

Oh , and welcome back and congratulations ...send Q-view of the little one 
icon_smile.gif

Have fun and . . .

Thanks I am definitely going to do it again. Maybe mess around with the stuffing. I also do it in duck.

Last edited:
2thumbs.gif
 Nice job! Looks delicious!

I cooked a bird like that for the first time not too long ago. It's a bit involved, but well worth it.

I smoked it at 250 with the apple pellets using the AMNPS for 45 mins the bumped up the heat to 350 to crisp the skin. 

Was that 45 minutes per pound? What else would work good for the stuffing mix? Kinda partial to hot italian sausage myself for the pork side. Any suggestions. Looks like something that would be fun to try.

Chef Jimmy am definitely have to give that a try it looks amazing.
Thanks. Any Sausage will work as a stuffing, so the possibilities are unlimited. The one I made was a Grand Buffet presentation but if I was to make it again, a nice sauce or gravy that matched the flavor profile would be great...JJ 

WooHoo!  Both look excellent.  I have done boneless in the recent past, but didn't stuff the bird.  Will make it a point to stuff next time.

Great work all the way around.

icon14.gif

I smoked it at 250 with the apple pellets using the AMNPS for 45 mins the bumped up the heat to 350 to crisp the skin. 

Was that 45 minutes per pound? What else would work good for the stuffing mix? Kinda partial to hot italian sausage myself for the pork side. Any suggestions. Looks like something that would be fun to try.
I did 45 mins of smoke then i bumped the temp to crisp the skin and finish cooking it. It was done in about 1 hour since it has no bones it cooks a lot faster.

I would love to try out this recipe. The only thing that I am really wondering is how to cut a chicken like this. I think it is called "spatchcock" or something along those lines. I have never done it beofre so if someone has a little advice that would be awesome.

I would love to try out this recipe. The only thing that I am really wondering is how to cut a chicken like this. I think it is called "spatchcock" or something along those lines. I have never done it beofre so if someone has a little advice that would be awesome.
Spatchcocking A bird is simple. Just cut the backbone out with shears on either side from the bottom to the top. Make a slight incision between the breasts and flatten. Or you could watch this.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...fvaHGyG4StzrKo01zxNDEzg&bvm=bv.70810081,d.cGU Deboning is an entirely different thing. This guy is real good at it.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky