Deboned stuffed smoked chicken.

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by bratrules, Jul 1, 2014.

1. bratrules

bratrules Smoking Fanatic

Its been awhile since ive posted anything ( along while I got a new born in the house). Anyway I thought i'd post up this one as this yard bird came out amazing. Its stuffed with bacon, spinach , and pepper jack and corn and a little zucchini i had left over. I smoked it at 250 with the apple pellets using the AMNPS for 45 mins the bumped up the heat to 350 to crisp the skin. 

This bird came out very juicy! 

2. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'd hit that [​IMG]

Good looking and nice idea with the rolling and tying .

Oh , and welcome back and congratulations ...send Q-view of the little one  [​IMG]  .

Have fun and . . .

3. bratrules

Thanks I am definitely going to do it again. Maybe mess around with the stuffing. I also do it in duck.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  4. jp61

jp61 Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]  Nice job! Looks delicious!

I cooked a bird like that for the first time not too long ago. It's a bit involved, but well worth it.

5. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That looks mighty tempting! Nice job.

[​IMG]

6. This looks really nicely done! Great job! Cheers! - Leah

7. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  8. atomicsmoke

atomicsmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member

That's a great idea. Will do it sometimes.

Chef J,
    Nice creation there.

9. Wow Chef, yours is fabulous too! Love the coating/top! Fantastic job to you BOTH therefore! What a fun thread! Cheers! - Leah

10. bratrules

Chef Jimmy am definitely have to give that a try it looks amazing.

11. knifebld

knifebld Smoking Fanatic

Nicely done! Looks very tasty and and nicely presented. Cheers.

12.  I smoked it at 250 with the apple pellets using the AMNPS for 45 mins the bumped up the heat to 350 to crisp the skin. 

Was that 45 minutes per pound? What else would work good for the stuffing mix? Kinda partial to hot italian sausage myself for the pork side. Any suggestions. Looks like something that would be fun to try.

13. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Thanks. Any Sausage will work as a stuffing, so the possibilities are unlimited. The one I made was a Grand Buffet presentation but if I was to make it again, a nice sauce or gravy that matched the flavor profile would be great...JJ 

14. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

WooHoo!  Both look excellent.  I have done boneless in the recent past, but didn't stuff the bird.  Will make it a point to stuff next time.

Great work all the way around.

[​IMG]

15. bratrules

I did 45 mins of smoke then i bumped the temp to crisp the skin and finish cooking it. It was done in about 1 hour since it has no bones it cooks a lot faster.

16. brewski

brewski Newbie

Wholly Freekin Moley! Never seen anything like that before! That's like a piece of Artwork![​IMG]

17. smokinhessil

smokinhessil Fire Starter

I would love to try out this recipe. The only thing that I am really wondering is how to cut a chicken like this. I think it is called "spatchcock" or something along those lines. I have never done it beofre so if someone has a little advice that would be awesome.

18. timberjet

timberjet Master of the Pit

Spatchcocking A bird is simple. Just cut the backbone out with shears on either side from the bottom to the top. Make a slight incision between the breasts and flatten. Or you could watch this.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...fvaHGyG4StzrKo01zxNDEzg&bvm=bv.70810081,d.cGU Deboning is an entirely different thing. This guy is real good at it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  19. smokinhessil

smokinhessil Fire Starter

Thanks timber! I checked the video and it is alot easier than I thought.

20. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Tasty looking bird! We make an oyster stuffing at thanksgiving, bet it's be pretty tasty stuffed this way!