• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Deboned stuffed smoked chicken.

jp61

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Mar 6, 2011

I would love to try out this recipe. The only thing that I am really wondering is how to cut a chicken like this. I think it is called "spatchcock" or something along those lines. I have never done it beofre so if someone has a little advice that would be awesome.
Here you go, you too can learn from one of the best.

reinhard

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 6, 2013
Loved your post and everything looked great!!! I have to say as a retired butcher, my favorite pic is your great tie job on that bird.  Very well done.  Looks like you know how to use that string as well as your cooking.  Reinhard

bratrules

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 7, 2010
Loved your post and everything looked great!!! I have to say as a retired butcher, my favorite pic is your great tie job on that bird.  Very well done.  Looks like you know how to use that string as well as your cooking.  Reinhard
Thanks I had a great time doing it. And the flavor is amazing.

knifebld

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2014
That's how I learned to debone. That technique works with about any bird. Though duck does take a little bit more work.
Great video tutorial, definitely going to try this. I imagine there is a learning curve but look like fun! Cheers

smokinhessil

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 10, 2014
Thanks alot! That really did look expertly done and I will definitely use that in the near future.

uhmgood

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 14, 2011
if you want a completely boned out chicken , go to you tube , search for Jacque pepin deboning a chicken . he shows you step by step how to do it . hes the best

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 29, 2010

if you want a completely boned out chicken , go to you tube , search for Jacque pepin deboning a chicken . he shows you step by step how to do it . hes the best
I think someone did share that video on the first page of this thread if memory serves. Memory sometimes does not serve though. lol

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.