• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dateline: St Pete. Florida. PASTRAMI DOUBLE VISION

shhaker

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 2, 2010
shoot here in s nevada...1.29 a pound for the good 'uns at albertsons!! i got 8 nice sized ones ranging fro 6 buck to 8 bucks each!!

the dude abides

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2008
got a couple on the WSM myself!

Paid $2.99lb at Target.  I think I'm starting to like shopping for groceries there.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
They get cheap this time of year. I was at Wally World this AM & there out of them.

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Man, it's like a Pastrami epidemic around here. Gotta love it.

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
I am wanting to try a pastrami but want to get a slicer first. Good luck with the smoke

micmike

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 27, 2011
shoot here in s nevada...1.29 a pound for the good 'uns at albertsons!! i got 8 nice sized ones ranging fro 6 buck to 8 bucks each!!
  Thanks for the input.

. Publix, (where shopping is a pleasure) struck first and paid $500,000.000.00 for 49 Albertsons stores to  GT*!?O out of Tampa Bay about 2 years ago, keeping Walmart Neighborhood Markets from invading with the same move.. 
 Best I could do you know.

BTW, plans are to visit Las Vegas in July. Haven't been since '79. Heard it was rebuilt!!

micmike

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 27, 2011
 Soak at room temp apptox 8 hrsSSSSs

FRIDAY,2AM, EDT Soaking in purified water at room temp (70) about 8 hours to let the meat relax and release. Covered of course to keep the cats out!

Food safety awareness has been accounted for. Remember, meats were cured at room temp for what, 2000 years?

Disclaimer: This is not intended to be intructional, merely a description of methods in progress, used by a good ole boy in Florida.

Last edited:

micmike

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 27, 2011

Lemon poppyseed marinade, yellow mustard and honey. I want a good bark on this. Refrigerating for 12 hours.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
OK  

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
This ain't gonna be another one of "those" threads is it? Lookin good Mike.

micmike

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 27, 2011
Ale lover,

I appreciate even being noticed, but this thread is now concluding.

I will post a pic of a sandwich.

I'm thinking about ribs..

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.