Dateline: St Pete. Florida. PASTRAMI DOUBLE VISION

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

micmike

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011

eb468775_3.5lbsflats.jpg

shoot here in s nevada...1.29 a pound for the good 'uns at albertsons!! i got 8 nice sized ones ranging fro 6 buck to 8 bucks each!!

I am wanting to try a pastrami but want to get a slicer first. Good luck with the smoke

shoot here in s nevada...1.29 a pound for the good 'uns at albertsons!! i got 8 nice sized ones ranging fro 6 buck to 8 bucks each!!
  Thanks for the input.

. Publix, (where shopping is a pleasure) struck first and paid $500,000.000.00 for 49 Albertsons stores to  GT*!?O out of Tampa Bay about 2 years ago, keeping Walmart Neighborhood Markets from invading with the same move.. 
 Best I could do you know.

BTW, plans are to visit Las Vegas in July. Haven't been since '79. Heard it was rebuilt!!

I am wanting to try a pastrami but want to get a slicer first. Good luck with the smoke
Thanks, and I appreciate the attention I have a knife. stay tuned..

Last edited:

240ed5fb_Pastrami001.jpg
Soak at room temp apptox 8 hrsSSSSs

FRIDAY,2AM, EDT Soaking in purified water at room temp (70) about 8 hours to let the meat relax and release. Covered of course to keep the cats out!

Food safety awareness has been accounted for. Remember, meats were cured at room temp for what, 2000 years?

Disclaimer: This is not intended to be intructional, merely a description of methods in progress, used by a good ole boy in Florida.

Last edited:
1b3aca02_Pastrami033.jpg

Lemon poppyseed marinade, yellow mustard and honey. I want a good bark on this. Refrigerating for 12 hours.

Last edited:
The meat has been rubbed and is on the Char-Broil at 12 EDT Sunday
8aa916ca_Pastrami002.jpg
fbb167af_Pastrami001.jpg

Ale lover,

I appreciate even being noticed, but this thread is now concluding.

I will post a pic of a sandwich.

I'm thinking about ribs..
439.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky