Cute Little Slicer!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pops6927

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 23, 2008
Fort Worth, Tx.
I was able to win some bonus prize points through work, accumulating enough to purchase a figure 8 diamond necklace for my young and beautiful bride (still on our honeymoon, looking forward to our first 40th anniversary in April!) plus a li'l ol' slicer for me - a 7½" Nesco slicer.  Dadgum thing is cuter than a whole box of brown-spotted puppies!  Well... as far as slicers go, that is! Used it tonight to slice up the rest of some buckboard bacon and made Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches for dinner.

d3d48496_002.jpg

969510a4_003.jpg

efea1f18_004.jpg

It sounds like a jet engine winding up to get the motor going and doesn't spin that fast, but it sliced evenly

and consistently with great thickness control.  It will leave some 'hangin' debris on the bottom but that is common; just flip over the piece every few slices to saw that off or deal with it when done; some of the full-sized Hobarts and Globes do the same thing too.  It'll work just fine for bacon, dried beef,cold cuts and block cheese.  It won't do a whole beef round by any means, but for its size it works well!  Like I said, it's cute!  (after being around full size slicers for 30 years!)

On Amazon, it's around $85, here's a link:  .  You can find it at many retailers too.

Great little slicer Pops

Congrats on winning the points

Of course I need to post the pendant I got for the lovely Mrs.

eps_31829.jpg

Sterling Silver Diamond Infinity Necklace
This symbolic ribbon necklace can be worn day or night. Pendant includes 39 round diamonds on an 18" sterling silver chain. Weight: .17 ct.

eps_31829.jpg

This symbolic ribbon necklace can be worn day or night. Pendant includes 39 round diamonds on an 18" sterling silver chain. Weight: .17 ct.
Pops,

I can't seem to open the picture of the necklace.

BTW:  Congrats!----Our 42nd anniversary was Monday Dec 27.

Bear

Looks quite similar to the Waring that I bought.

Works ok for home use.

Nice on the anniversay and the cute slicer.

Hahahaha seems like just yesterday we got busted by your mom for smoking in the attic.

eps_31829.jpg

Pops,

Bear

Wow, another old-timers club I'm proud to be a member.  Congrats to both of you,  Our 45th anniversary was Tuesday Dec 28th.

Good deal, sound like you're a happy customer Pops. Everyone can use an affordable slicer. It's all good my friend. 

eps_31829.jpg

Pops,

Bear

Wow, another old-timers club I'm proud to be a member.  Congrats to both of you,  Our 45th anniversary was Tuesday Dec 28th.
45th!!!!!

Congrats Dave !

I thought I was the old married guy here!

Be 62 on Monday---sheeewiiiie.

Had a great year back when---

Got married Dec 27, 1968--turned 20 Jan 3, 1969---Landed in Vietnam in February, 1969----What a year!

Old married Bear

Wow, 40, 42, 45. Happy Anniversary to you all. I'm heading toward 26 yrs in June. Another 14-15 yrs and I can get a slicer
biggrin.gif
 as long as I get the missus some diamonds!

Looks quite similar to the Waring that I bought.

Works ok for home use.

Nice on the anniversay and the cute slicer.

Hahahaha seems like just yesterday we got busted by your mom for smoking in the attic.

Who, us?  lol!

icon_cool.gif

Well that slicer looks cute and it also looks similar to one that I have. Now for you old guys I have to give you Pops, Bear, and Dave a great big

Congrats

Has to go out to you guys and the girls that go right along side of you. Great Job there folks and I hope to one day join your little gang.

Last edited:
I have made at least a dozen batches of beef jerky since I got the bug for smoking meats etc. All them dozen batch's I cut the meat with a butcher knife, The ironic part of this post is, I had a slicer much like the one pops showed in his post.

The last 2 batches of jerky I pulled out the slicer to see how well it would do. OMG, what a time saver, not to mention better uniform slices. Can't for the life of me figure why I waited so dang long to try the slicer.

40 year anniversary Dec. 11th

I have made at least a dozen batches of beef jerky since I got the bug for smoking meats etc. All them dozen batch's I cut the meat with a butcher knife, The ironic part of this post is, I had a slicer much like the one pops showed in his post.

The last 2 batches of jerky I pulled out the slicer to see how well it would do. OMG, what a time saver, not to mention better uniform slices. Can't for the life of me figure why I waited so dang long to try the slicer.

40 year anniversary Dec. 11th

Maybe you're like my best friend since high school:

I sold him an outstanding 12 HP snow blower years ago, real cheap, because I got a blower for my Gravely, and he has always been such a great friend.

He washed it, and waxed it, and serviced it (Grease, oil change, tuned it, etc). It looked like new again

Then we got 8" of snow.

I called him to find out how he liked how good it works.

He said he shoveled it by hand, because he didn't want to get it dirty for only 8" of snow!!!   
shovel.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky