• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cream cheese and cranberries

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 12, 2019
Greetings everyone,
Nothing I make this Thanksgiving is grill or smoker related but I wanted to do something fun. So in the midst of prepping other dishes for tomorrow, I tossed a block of cream cheese on the PitBoss. Covered it with pumpkin pie spice and smoked it with oak pellets for a few hours. Then I added some cranberry sauce on top and let it go for another 20min or so. The cranberry sauce was made with some bourbon too, recipe from Cooking with Ry. This was almost perfection. Everything worked so well and I'll be doing this stuff more.

Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_20211124_162407_430.jpg IMG_20211124_162407_475.jpg IMG_20211124_162407_620.jpg

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 15, 2017
Looks pretty darn good from here!

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I’ll bet that’s tasty! I love cranberries

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Greetings everyone,
Nothing I make this Thanksgiving is grill or smoker related but I wanted to do something fun. So in the midst of prepping other dishes for tomorrow, I tossed a block of cream cheese on the PitBoss. Covered it with pumpkin pie spice and smoked it with oak pellets for a few hours. Then I added some cranberry sauce on top and let it go for another 20min or so. The cranberry sauce was made with some bourbon too, recipe from Cooking with Ry. This was almost perfection. Everything worked so well and I'll be doing this stuff more.

Thanks for stopping by!

View attachment 517207 View attachment 517208 View attachment 517209
Awesome, I just got done making three batches of cranberry sauce. One has tipple sec and orange peel in it . The next has Grand Marinae* in it. The third has blackberry Brandy and fresh blackberries in it. I'm a cranberry sauce freak, I eat like Jell-O, I love the stuff.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 12, 2019
Thanks for the likes and comments everyone!

Awesome, I just got done making three batches of cranberry sauce. One has tipple sec and orange peel in it . The next has Grand Marinae* in it. The third has blackberry Brandy and fresh blackberries in it. I'm a cranberry sauce freak, I eat like Jell-O, I love the stuff.
Those all sound great, especially the one with orange peel!

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Man that looks great !
Gotta add some cranberries today !
Thanks for sharing

Keith

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice treat there. We use dried cranberries in oatmeal cookies in place of raisins.

Warren

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That really looks good, but I do not like cranberries.
Although my wife Judy loves them, I guess I will have to do 2 blocks.
I think blueberries or cherries would work for me!
Thanks for the idea!
Al

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 12, 2019
That really looks good, but I do not like cranberries.
Although my wife Judy loves them, I guess I will have to do 2 blocks.
I think blueberries or cherries would work for me!
Thanks for the idea!
Al

Oh man I bet some kind of cherry would be awesome on this. Maybe a cherry compote!

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
I've not tried the smoked cream cheese yet, but I've used the little wheels of brie with all kinds of toppings.... including cranberries.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.