Cream cheese and cranberries

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Greetings everyone,
Nothing I make this Thanksgiving is grill or smoker related but I wanted to do something fun. So in the midst of prepping other dishes for tomorrow, I tossed a block of cream cheese on the PitBoss. Covered it with pumpkin pie spice and smoked it with oak pellets for a few hours. Then I added some cranberry sauce on top and let it go for another 20min or so. The cranberry sauce was made with some bourbon too, recipe from Cooking with Ry. This was almost perfection. Everything worked so well and I'll be doing this stuff more.

Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_20211124_162407_430.jpg IMG_20211124_162407_475.jpg IMG_20211124_162407_620.jpg

Greetings everyone,
Nothing I make this Thanksgiving is grill or smoker related but I wanted to do something fun. So in the midst of prepping other dishes for tomorrow, I tossed a block of cream cheese on the PitBoss. Covered it with pumpkin pie spice and smoked it with oak pellets for a few hours. Then I added some cranberry sauce on top and let it go for another 20min or so. The cranberry sauce was made with some bourbon too, recipe from Cooking with Ry. This was almost perfection. Everything worked so well and I'll be doing this stuff more.

Thanks for stopping by!

View attachment 517207View attachment 517208View attachment 517209
Awesome, I just got done making three batches of cranberry sauce. One has tipple sec and orange peel in it . The next has Grand Marinae* in it. The third has blackberry Brandy and fresh blackberries in it. I'm a cranberry sauce freak, I eat like Jell-O, I love the stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: HalfSmoked and JCAP
Thanks for the likes and comments everyone!

Awesome, I just got done making three batches of cranberry sauce. One has tipple sec and orange peel in it . The next has Grand Marinae* in it. The third has blackberry Brandy and fresh blackberries in it. I'm a cranberry sauce freak, I eat like Jell-O, I love the stuff.

Those all sound great, especially the one with orange peel!

That really looks good, but I do not like cranberries.
Although my wife Judy loves them, I guess I will have to do 2 blocks.
I think blueberries or cherries would work for me!
Thanks for the idea!
Al

Reactions: JCAP
That really looks good, but I do not like cranberries.
Although my wife Judy loves them, I guess I will have to do 2 blocks.
I think blueberries or cherries would work for me!
Thanks for the idea!
Al

Oh man I bet some kind of cherry would be awesome on this. Maybe a cherry compote!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky