Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the vaccines work!!
Miss Linda was in close contact with an old friend of ours. The next day at work, our friend tested positive for Covid. It took a ridiculous 5 days in quarentine for Miss Linda to get tested. She got her shot of Pfizer just shy of 1 week prior to the close contact, so we were sure hoping............ We got the results back today----NEGATIVE!!!!!! :emoji_blush::emoji_blush::emoji_blush:
Gary
This should be on the front page of every publicatioon in the Countries. Maybe it will sink in.

This should be on the front page of every publicatioon in the Countries. Maybe it will sink in.
Agree with that, Mike.
1--vaccines work
2--having to wait 5 days to get tested is stupid. If we weren't being responsible and quarentining at home it could have been bad.
3--our friend was stupid. She didn't want to be sick for a day if she took the Astra vaccine so she was waiting for one of the others. Now she's gonna be sick for more than 1 day.
Gary

Apparently the vaccines work!!
Miss Linda was in close contact with an old friend of ours. The next day at work, our friend tested positive for Covid. It took a ridiculous 5 days in quarentine for Miss Linda to get tested. She got her shot of Pfizer just shy of 1 week prior to the close contact, so we were sure hoping............ We got the results back today----NEGATIVE!!!!!! :emoji_blush::emoji_blush::emoji_blush:
Gary

That's a happy ending for sure. And goes to show it's best to keep up your guard.

Glad Miss Linda's test came back negative it does show the vaccines work. The bad thing I'm hearing is that while it works against the original covid and some of the other strains that have shown up it doesn't protect against all the other strains. My sister told me they had a patient that was vaccinated get covid and die from it so they are thinking he probably contracted a strain that he wasn't protected against but of course they have to wait for test results
The Governor of FL signed an order invalidating all covid emergency orders in the state beginning July1st.
He also suspended by executive order all emergency covid orders in effect now for the entire state starting immediately.
Florida has had a lot of people get the vaccines but if what I've heard about the other strains is true I personally feel it's a little early for rescinding all emergency orders but time will tell.
I know GA has rescinded a lot of their emergency orders as well but don't know which ones. We are so close to GA that we go there to shop quite often and I have noticed quite a few people not wearing masks anymore but it seems pretty much all the stores we go to there have the employees still wearing them.
I like everybody else am tired of wearing a mask but will probably continue with it while in stores and such. A few years ago I suffered a flail chest and still have a herniated lung so when I wear a mask I also have to wear oxygen which makes it even more of a pain in the *ss.
I like everybody else am more than ready for all this crap to be over with and life to get back to more normal.

Glad Miss Linda's test came back negative it does show the vaccines work. The bad thing I'm hearing is that while it works against the original covid and some of the other strains that have shown up it doesn't protect against all the other strains. My sister told me they had a patient that was vaccinated get covid and die from it so they are thinking he probably contracted a strain that he wasn't protected against but of course they have to wait for test results

It's important to remember that getting the vaccine isn't a guarantee of immunity for any given person. You could be fully vaccinated and still get covid from the original strain. No vaccine is 100%. I think it's too early yet with too little data to know for sure the effectiveness of the current vaccines against the new strains. Undoubtedly boosters will be coming soon. The masks do suck, but I'll keep wearing mine until we get to a better place in this pandemic. I don't need some self-serving jackass politician to tell me whether I should wear a mask or not. I'll listen to the people who've devoted their lives to researching this stuff and do the right thing. Got dose dos of the Moderna on Thursday and had minor aches and some serious tiredness but was fine the next day.

It's important to remember that getting the vaccine isn't a guarantee of immunity for any given person. You could be fully vaccinated and still get covid from the original strain. No vaccine is 100%. I think it's too early yet with too little data to know for sure the effectiveness of the current vaccines against the new strains. Undoubtedly boosters will be coming soon. The masks do suck, but I'll keep wearing mine until we get to a better place in this pandemic. I don't need some self-serving jackass politician to tell me whether I should wear a mask or not. I'll listen to the people who've devoted their lives to researching this stuff and do the right thing. Got dose dos of the Moderna on Thursday and had minor aches and some serious tiredness but was fine the next day.

I agree and why I said I'll keep wearing mine while in stores and such. We have gone out to eat a few times lately and that was nice somewhat more like normal. Congrats on getting vaccinated I got the Moderna as well but was lucky and had no side affects from either injection.

Reactions: Bearcarver
I agree with everything Chet & Piney just said.
My Brother Jim died of Covid on Dec 29th. He would have gotten his shots, but they weren't available to him yet.
Me & Mrs Bear got Moderna, and they say they protect 95%, so there's still a slight chance, even without the other new strains. Since I have 9 Comorbidities, we are extra careful. We still haven't gone out to eat, or gotten any Take-out. The only thing I've done so far since being holed up for 14 months was put on a mask, and go to a Doctor, and I left home to get my Vaccinations. Bear Jr still picks up our groceries, but Mrs Bear went to Perkasie & visited her Sister, and she picks up the Tower Corp Mail every other day, down in Macungie.
She still did about 20 of her Income Tax clients Taxes, but she had them drop their papers in a box in our garage, and then pick them up when she was done with them. Most of them are older people, and she puts little stickers on them for where they have to sign, and she preps their envelopes for them.
Nobody has been in our house, other than Me, Mrs Bear, Bear Jr, and his wife, and the latter 2 always wear their masks in our house.
I have to wear a cloth home-made mask, because with My COPD & Emphysema, I don't have the lung power to breath through the ones recommended. I found that out when I wore a good one to get my first shot. I began panting & I was getting light-headed, until I put the cloth mask on.
I'm just glad to see so many SMF members are getting their Vaccinations.

Bear

And in addition..... fully vaxed people can still be a carrier, so I have no issues with wearing a mask in public. Our mask mandate (other than in schools) was dropped 45 days ago but most stores and all medical related facilities require them, so it's also a courtesy to the employees and other shoppers that mask up.

All that said, the majority of younger individuals ignore the store requests, we have one of the highest rates in the nation of people opting out of any vaccination, and now for some reason there is a problem with getting people to return for shot #2. With a few weeks left before school is out, parents are protesting to have the school mask mandate dropped. Out biggest clinic in the county is at the mall and there are no appointments needed and you can choose your brand if it's your first shot, or you can get your second shot even if you got #1 at a different location. The 60+ age group are the ones with the highest vaccination percentages. The good thing (for now) is that our county reports 10 or 15 cases per week. All eyes are on those numbers as we won't get into Summer until after Memorial Day. There is still snow above 6500'.

The Governor of FL signed an order invalidating all covid emergency orders in the state beginning July1st.
He also suspended by executive order all emergency covid orders in effect now for the entire state starting immediately.
Florida has had a lot of people get the vaccines but if what I've heard about the other strains is true I personally feel it's a little early for rescinding all emergency orders but time will tell.
I know GA has rescinded a lot of their emergency orders as well but don't know which ones. We are so close to GA that we go there to shop quite often and I have noticed quite a few people not wearing masks anymore but it seems pretty much all the stores we go to there have the employees still wearing them.
I like everybody else am tired of wearing a mask but will probably continue with it while in stores and such. A few years ago I suffered a flail chest and still have a herniated lung so when I wear a mask I also have to wear oxygen which makes it even more of a pain in the *ss.
I like everybody else am more than ready for all this crap to be over with and life to get back to more normal.
I agree with everything Chet & Piney just said.
My Brother Jim died of Covid on Dec 29th. He would have gotten his shots, but they weren't available to him yet.
Me & Mrs Bear got Moderna, and they say they protect 95%, so there's still a slight chance, even without the other new strains. Since I have 9 Comorbidities, we are extra careful. We still haven't gone out to eat, or gotten any Take-out. The only thing I've done so far since being holed up for 14 months was put on a mask, and go to a Doctor, and I left home to get my Vaccinations. Bear Jr still picks up our groceries, but Mrs Bear went to Perkasie & visited her Sister, and she picks up the Tower Corp Mail every other day, down in Macungie.
She still did about 20 of her Income Tax clients Taxes, but she had them drop their papers in a box in our garage, and then pick them up when she was done with them. Most of them are older people, and she puts little stickers on them for where they have to sign, and she preps their envelopes for them.
Nobody has been in our house, other than Me, Mrs Bear, Bear Jr, and his wife, and the latter 2 always wear their masks in our house.
I have to wear a cloth home-made mask, because with My COPD & Emphysema, I don't have the lung power to breath through the ones recommended. I found that out when I wore a good one to get my first shot. I began panting & I was getting light-headed, until I put the cloth mask on.
I'm just glad to see so many SMF members are getting their Vaccinations.

Bear

That's the kind of thinking we need more of if we're ever going to end this plague. We don't go out much these days, mainly just to the grocery store, and we always wear our masks.
Our infection rate, in Alberta, is now higher per 100,000 than any other province or state. People just refuse to listen to the experts in the infectious disease field. Got a feeling we're heading to another lockdown. A lockdown caused by idiots too self centered to comply with restrictions.
I was lucky and pretty much missed the last one by staying in my RV in the logging camp. Not looking forward to this one. But if that's what has to be done, so be it. :emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:
Gary

Reactions: Bearcarver
And in addition..... fully vaxed people can still be a carrier, so I have no issues with wearing a mask in public. Our mask mandate (other than in schools) was dropped 45 days ago but most stores and all medical related facilities require them, so it's also a courtesy to the employees and other shoppers that mask up.

All that said, the majority of younger individuals ignore the store requests, we have one of the highest rates in the nation of people opting out of any vaccination, and now for some reason there is a problem with getting people to return for shot #2. With a few weeks left before school is out, parents are protesting to have the school mask mandate dropped. Out biggest clinic in the county is at the mall and there are no appointments needed and you can choose your brand if it's your first shot, or you can get your second shot even if you got #1 at a different location. The 60+ age group are the ones with the highest vaccination percentages. The good thing (for now) is that our county reports 10 or 15 cases per week. All eyes are on those numbers as we won't get into Summer until after Memorial Day. There is still snow above 6500'.

Absolutely right. Our daily infection rate is over 1700 and climbing. Most of the new infections are in the uder 35 crowd.
Thankfully, my step-daughter (31) was smart enough to get vaccinated and spends most of her time at home with her 3 year old son.
Gary

Just released today. Thoughts?
fTPKOzm.jpg

Reactions: GaryHibbert
View attachment 496245
Hmmm ... don’t think I’d be comfortable with the complete green light on everything ... even the vaccines aren’t 100%, and a lot of the population remains unvaccinated. We are a long way from ‘herd immunity’ if we don’t get more of the recalcitrants vaccinated before the virus mutates sufficiently to survive.
But we were just talking about at least inviting people over again and doing things. Relatively uncrowded outdoor events are pretty attractive, And still holding out hope for our cruise this fall.

And I think the relatively quick about-face from CDC and Fauci on the mask thing is just an acquiesce or acceptance of the economic realities and relative risk. Even staunch supporters are really really tired of these damn things. Not a huge deal and will continue in some settings, but one of those pet peeve burrs in the saddle.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Same, we are both double vaxxed 3 weeks out, no side effects at all. Still gonna wear masks as much as possible, but prob less outdoor in public. Definitely still going to wear them 100% indoor in public like stores, etc. Still no plans to go to restaurants or movies, etc. Really not missing that stuff so much.

Hmmm ... don’t think I’d be comfortable with the complete green light on everything ... even the vaccines aren’t 100%, and a lot of the population remains unvaccinated. We are a long way from ‘herd immunity’ if we don’t get more of the recalcitrants vaccinated before the virus mutates sufficiently to survive.
But we were just talking about at least inviting people over again and doing things. Relatively uncrowded outdoor events are pretty attractive, And still holding out hope for our cruise this fall.
These statistics and results are considering 'transmission probabilities' not infection or worse outcomes.

And I think the relatively quick about-face from CDC and Fauci on the mask thing is just an acquiesce or acceptance of the economic realities and relative risk. Even staunch supporters are really really tired of these damn things. Not a huge deal and will continue in some settings, but one of those pet peeve burrs in the saddle.

I think the CDC was always conservative in their recommendations, but COVID caught us flatfooted. I'm fine with their protocol. Fauci's entire career has been devoted to protecting Americans, I trust he's using the same judgement this time around.

I and my wife will were our mask as long as we feel comfortable

Same here, we are both fully vaxxed 3 weeks out, no side effects at all. Still gonna wear masks as much as possible, but prob less outdoor in public. Definitely still going to wear them 100% indoor in public like stores, etc. Still no plans to go to restaurants or movies, etc. Really not missing that stuff so much.

We're 45 days out after shot #2, and of the same opinion.

These statistics and results are considering 'transmission probabilities' not infection or worse outcomes.

I think the CDC was always conservative in their recommendations, but COVID caught us flatfooted. I'm fine with their protocol. Fauci's entire career has been devoted to protecting Americans, I trust he's using the same judgement this time around.

We're 45 days out after shot #2, and of the same opinion.
thirdeye thirdeye we all know you are a believer of wearing a mask (LOL)
It is good to see it easing up but I think it could have stayed in effect a little longer. JMHO
Richie

As should this.

Still not getting the vaccination.
Why when 97% of the people that supposedly contract the virus live without any long term side effects
whatsoever. It just doesn't add up to me why congress is pushing so hard for a vaccine that doesn't seem to work.
If the vaccine worked as touted wouldn't congress be better off showing the people the confidence that they have in it? Something isn't right here.

Anyone that puts their trust in anything the CDC says about this crap needs to have their head examined.
The CDC has been as wishy-washy on this topic as our government officials have been. The facts are out there but if you choose to believe what these people are feeding you go for it.
Not me it ain't happening.

Last edited:
View attachment 496245
And that right there is exactly why I don't believe a word that the CDC say, how can things change so drastically overnight.... It's all a bunch of B.S. Sure people got sick and died but it was being so blown out of proportion to fit their agenda that people should hang for it. There are experts that have NOTHING to gain over this that say if fact that covid only killed 20% of what is being reported in the US and combined with the number of deaths due to other heath issues and season illnesses that covid was about as deadly as the season flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky