• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Covid Vaccine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I'm glad to see this thread isn't all about us all scratching and clawing to get our shots yet, but they did hit the 200 Million target in the first 100 days.
That's amazing. A couple more Hundred million, and we'll all be safe! IMO

Bear

daspyknows

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 9, 2020
My son gets his second next week. Aside from one friend who doesn't want to get it, everyone I know and care about will have their second by May 5th. Have gone out and done a few things the past week that I haven't done in over a year. So nice for a return to some normal activities.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
We got our 2nd yesterday. Me, the Mrs. and the MIL have not had any issues. Very glad to see the 200 mil number hit so fast. Praying a return to normalcy is within our reach, finally. Maybe by the year's end? Let's hope.

SlickRockStones

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 12, 2018
Just got my second Moderna shot today and Bunny gets her second Phizer May 10th. However, our neighbors entire family is now infected for the second time. They refuse to get vaccinated and have spread it to some friends and to a visiting family member just last week. All tough they are good friends and nice folks, there is now a very certain risk of Covid infection should we continue to socialize with them even after our being vaccinated. Keep your guard up guys and gals because we ain’t out of the woods yet.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
there is now a very certain risk of Covid infection should we continue to socialize with them even after our being vaccinated. Keep your guard up guys and gals because we ain’t out of the woods yet.
That is the claim that if even you were vaccinated, can still get it. Not sure of to what degree it would be . Lot of unanswered questions yet, but the shot is the cards we wanted to be dealt.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
That is the claim that if even you were vaccinated, can still get it. Not sure of to what degree it would be . Lot of unanswered questions yet, but the shot is the cards we wanted to be dealt.
That's the way we feel too. Get vaccinated and remove a huge portion of the chance of getting Covid. They say (whoever "they" are) that if you do get it after getting the shots, it's fairly mild.
Gary

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Wife and I have gotten both of our shots. Moderna, with no ill effects for either of us. Both of us cancer survivors with other medical problems.
Good for you's Stay save and healthy
Richie

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
All in our family got the vaccine. We're treating it like childhood vaccines required for school but no side affects whatsover other than a sore shoulder.
That's Great, Daddy!!!
Congrats!

Bear

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Apparently the vaccines work!!
Miss Linda was in close contact with an old friend of ours. The next day at work, our friend tested positive for Covid. It took a ridiculous 5 days in quarentine for Miss Linda to get tested. She got her shot of Pfizer just shy of 1 week prior to the close contact, so we were sure hoping............ We got the results back today----NEGATIVE!!!!!! :emoji_blush::emoji_blush::emoji_blush:
Gary

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
That's great news Gary! And further proof that the vaccines work. Couldn't be happier for Miss Linda.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Wow, Gary!!!
I didn't know it would work that early after getting the first shot.
Congrats to Your Miss Linda!!!

Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.