Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes:
Mine was Moderna, my wife's was Pfizer. Up here we all get different responses. Both of us are (4) weeks. between shots and ,yeah, we got the card. In NY (were I lived until (10) years ago,) some places are telling people (75) and older to avoid people for (2) weeks after getting the last shot. ???
It seems there is a minimum (or preferred, or ideal) time between the first and second shot and they don't immediately offer 100% protection. After (2) weeks the efficiency of the first shot rises to something like 50% and stops around 60%. The booster needs a couple of weeks to get into the to 90% range. Maybe the "avoid people" statement was to insure you get into the 90% range?

21 days for Pfizer.
28 Days for Moderna.
The strange thing is the volume in each Moderna shot is more than 3 times as much as the volume in each Pfizer shot.
Bear
The size of the shot was determined in the lab, we have to trust science.
On the time, I think there is rounding going on. We've heard both "28 days" and "one-month" for Moderna, but it seems neither brand is recommending an earlier vaccination. Both brands are available here (and both are effective) we only picked Pfizer because of the time table. Frankly, I fully expect another booster shot will emerge in 6 months if some variants get out of hand.

The most important thing to take note of is the fact that the vaccine protects you and gives you 90% + chance of not getting COVID. But.... you can still be a carrier, and infect others. So getting vaccinated is not a green light to throw away your mask forever and head to a Karakoe bar to celebrate. :emoji_nerd: That said, many of my friends have gotten their second dose and in a couple of weeks I will feel much more comfortable in meeting them for lunch or for early cocktails.... which I have not done in a year.

Reactions: mike243
That's the one!!!
Ft Bragg, Got mine 1968.
A lot of bloody arms I saw----They didn't always wait for the target to stop walking before they pulled the trigger!!!
Then they put the load in there so fast, it went in a lump---Took awhile to disperse.
Typical Army!!!

Bear
You were at Ft. Bragg? I was born there. Still waiting for mine in California. Still 65+ and waiting for the 55+ to open.

So, now both of have been spaded and neutered.
Momma had Moderna and a sore arm.
I had Pfizer with absolute zero side effects. I only felt the prick of the needle at the time of the shot.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
You guys are a very trusting bunch, personally I don't trust our Government as far as I can spit.

I'm not getting one I've had C-19 maybe twice for sure once last year, and I'm still dealing with nerve pain crazy cramping and breathing issues. I don't see the benefit of getting the vaccine at this point. Furthermore, I've flown in commercial airplanes and been surrounded by people pretty much the whole time. So I feel if it was gonna get me it would have by now, so I'll take my chances rather than take vaccines that were fast tracked/ rushed through the development process.

You guys are a very trusting bunch, personally I don't trust our Government as far as I can spit.

I'm not getting one I've had C-19 maybe twice for sure once last year, and I'm still dealing with nerve pain crazy cramping and breathing issues. I don't see the benefit of getting the vaccine at this point. Furthermore, I've flown in commercial airplanes and been surrounded by people pretty much the whole time. So I feel if it was gonna get me it would have by now, so I'll take my chances rather than take vaccines that were fast tracked/ rushed through the development process.

I don't know your age, but if you had it twice, maybe you don't need a Vac.
My Brother was 75, with only one slight health problem, and it only took him 15 days to die, back on December 29th. I trust the Scientists more than I trust this Virus.

Bear

Glad to see you guys are getting the shot . I wish I could get it . The Gov. is sending the doses to the rural areas of Missouri , and they aren't getting used . Another 143 doses went in the trash yesterday .

. The guns looked like the "Binks" Air Assisted Airless Gun We used to spray my Kitchen cabinets. And I swear the one shot I got passed a Volkswagen into my Arm!!
I've had that used on me when I was 9 or 10 years old . I was in grade school and they gave us some shot at school . Lined up like cattle going to slatter . Walked in a line through the lunch room . PSST , PSST . I've always remembered that .

You may have a supply of antibodies, but the jury is still out on how long they remain active in your body without some sort of booster.

Development of COVID vaccines may have appeared to be pretty fast, but another consensus is that the FDA has a long time reputation for being horribly slow when compared to other countries when approving other prescription drugs. Sure, the clinical trial phase can take time to complete, but if we use Pfizer as an example, they partnered with BioNTech SE who recieved 400+ million from Germany to accelerate the development and manufacturing of their vaccine. And a little later, the US gave Pfizer a purchase order for 2 Billion dollars, which is a lot of incentive. The point is, the FDA had a lot of testing data up front, and this helped shorten the time-frame for approval in the US.
I trust the Scientists more than I trust this Virus.
Bear
I trust Fauci. With so many people not getting the vaccine and everyplace in a rush to open back up to normal this crap will never go away. RAY
I'm a numbers and science kind of guy too. I do believe that Fauci is an expert Epidemiologist and a wonderful educator..., but he's not an economist, business strategist, finance expert or school superintendent. Because of his role a a spokesperson for the COVID taskforce he often gave opinions outside his area of expertise.

I've had that used on me when I was 9 or 10 years old . I was in grade school and they gave us some shot at school . Lined up like cattle going to slatter . Walked in a line through the lunch room . PSST , PSST . I've always remembered that .

If your scar is recessed (often on the left arm), it was a small pox shot.

Reactions: noboundaries
My wife and I suspected we were infected with covid last year before testing began due to a cyclic pattern of health issues since then. Before getting the first of the Pfizer shots two days ago, I researched the impact of the shot on someone who previously had covid. Basically the first shot is like a booster shot for those who have had covid. A previously infected covid person can react to the first shot like a non-infected person may react to the second (24-hour flu-like symptoms).

Got my first shot on Monday. Tuesday I was lethargic, fatigued, muscle pains, back pain, a few hot flashes, chills, and headache. Shot arm hurt like CRAZY. All that is how a non-infected person reacts to the second shot.

Today, Wednesday, arm has minor pain. None of the other issues. I will have to go thru this again with the second shot. My hope in all this is that the vaccine will eliminate or significantly reduce the recurring health issues because they suck big time.

Edit: My earlier post in this thread was at 8:46 AM PST the day after receiving the shot. By noon, I was useless. Got worse as the day went on. All better this morning.

Last edited:
In VT. I've had to rely on daily doses PBRs and vitamin D3, Seems to be working fairly well so far. I've been working and shopping on a regular basis since this thing started. I'm 60 and the current age group for getting a vaccine is 70 here(I think).

Chris

I have had both doses now. The second dose seems to have hit me pretty hard with a lot of body pain. I guess if you are completely out of shape like me that should be expected. Do yourself a favor and take better care of yourself than I do. That being said I feel much more secure visiting my elderly parents. I just hate to think that I might bring that crap into their house.

G

I have had both doses now. The second dose seems to have hit me pretty hard with a lot of body pain. I guess if you are completely out of shape like me that should be expected. Do yourself a favor and take better care of yourself than I do. That being said I feel much more secure visiting my elderly parents. I just hate to think that I might bring that crap into their house.

G

Oh No, if it depends on the shape you're in, I'm in Big Trouble.
If I would have known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!!!

I left my house Twice in this last year:
Once in October to get my First ever FLU Shot.
Once Monday March 1st to get my first Moderna Covid Shot.
Got one to go yet, on March 29th.

Bear

Reactions: RiversideSm0ker
Wife has first and second in 10 days.
I am in an ‘additional frontlines essential worker’ class just approved by Governor here, and scheduled for Saturday.
I take all proclamations from politicians/lackeys with a grain of salt the size of a salt lick, but have a lot of trust in science when originating from relatively apolitical sources.
And there are no sure things or panaceas ... just looking for tilting the odds further in our favor.

Oh No, if it depends on the shape you're in, I'm in Big Trouble.
If I would have known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!!!

I left my house Twice in this last year:
Once in October to get my First ever FLU Shot.
Once Monday March 1st to get my first Moderna Covid Shot.
Got one to go yet, on March 29th.

Bear
Bear,

You made it through Vietnam, you got this sir!

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky