Country Style Beef Ribs #2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Country Style Beef Ribs #2

These are the second half of a purchase Mrs Bear made a couple months ago.

There were 12 pieces (4 in each pack) @ $4.99 a pound.
I split the 12 into two bags of 6 for my SV, only adding a little CBP & Garlic Powder.

I had already done the first half at 155° for 21 hours, so I decided to try this time at 155° for 23 hours.

I removed the Vac Pack from the bath, pulled the pieces out, Dried them with Paper towels, and seared them on both sides in a Frying Pan with Butter. They browned up nicely.
Then I Plated some up with some of Mrs Bear’s Roasted Red Taters & some Broccoli. They were very tasty & Fork Tender, just like the first batch, and I’ll have to say I saw no difference between the 21 hours & the 23 hours. They were both nice & Tender & had Great Texture.

Then the next Day I sliced up another one & heated the little slices up & added them to the leftover Taters & a Couple of Eggs for a Great Breakfast.

This ends the experiments with these Beef CSRs, with my results showing that 155° for 21 to 23 hours produces Tasty Tender Beef CSRs with a very nice Texture.

Thanks For Stopping By,

Bear

6 CSRs racked & ready for a 23 hour bath @ 155°:
IMG_2039.jpg

Fresh out of the SV:
IMG_2040.jpg

Beginning the searing process:
IMG_2042.jpg

All Seared up:
IMG_2044.jpg

Bear's First Helping:
IMG_2046.jpg

Next Morning's Bear Breakfast:
IMG_2047 (2).jpg

Mmmmm mighty tasty looking there Bear I "Like" it

Gary

As usual, everything looks delicious John!
Your really getting a handle on that SV machine!
Very nicely done!
Al

Those look great Bear. Question for ya...Can you SV(insert name of protein here) let it cool and toss it in the freezer in the same bag for a later date? Then just reheat similar to the way you did the ribs. That would save allot of time by doing bigger batches. If you haven't figured it out yet I'm trying to sell myself on an SV purchase.

Point for sure.

Chris

Those look great Bear. Question for ya...Can you SV(insert name of protein here) let it cool and toss it in the freezer in the same bag for a later date? Then just reheat similar to the way you did the ribs. That would save allot of time by doing bigger batches. If you haven't figured it out yet I'm trying to sell myself on an SV purchase.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thank You Chris!!
Yes you can & I do.
They recommend you take it out of the SV & right into a bowl of Ice Water to cool it down fast (for safety). Then into the freezer until you're ready to heat them up in the SV again or Grill, or whatever.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

As usual, everything looks delicious John!
Your really getting a handle on that SV machine!
Very nicely done!
Al

Thank You Al !!
I'm loving this Sous Vide Supreme!
I always had a weak spot for anything having to do with accuracy, whether it be Woodworking or Consistent Cooking.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great Bear as usual. Haven’t had CSR’s in awhile. Need to add those to my to do list. Like!

Weedeater

Thank You Weedeater!!
I used to Smoke Pork CSRs, but I can't remember ever smoking any Beef CSRs.
But I can tell you I like these Beef CSRs a lot done this way, and I think they're quite a bit better than the Pork CSRs.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky