Country Fried Whitetail and Elk.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The acid from the vinegar in the hot sauce is key to tenderizing the meat. I recommend substituting the hot sauce for some form of vinegar...red wine, white wine, apple cider, white......usually use 2 TBSP. hot sauce per can of pet milk so 2 TBSP. vinegar will work.
Ok will do.

I don't soakem in any thing unless I plan on grilling,buttermilk will help tenderize and give more flavor, I would love to have 1 of those good meat tenderizers like they use to make cubed steak bought from the butcher. 1 day and it might be this year I'm going to buy 1 , plenty of Deer in the freezer but still trying for a Tn elk tag

Get something like this, works great for small runs.

Reactions: Hawging It
I have 1 of those,3 rows and it does a good job but it aint like the butcher has for making cubed steak ,A griddle scraper is next on my list

Do you guys dredge with flavored flour before egg? That is my biggest thing, and I can make a Bluebill (lesser scaup) palatable with a little seasoned flour and a meat hammer, while without, you’d need nothing short of unlimited bacon grease, top shelf gin (just to take the edge off), and magic...

Last edited:
Reactions: zwiller
Do you guys dredge with flavored flour before egg? That is my biggest thing, and I can make a Bluebill (lesser scaup) palatable with a little seasoned flour and a meat hammer, while without, you’d need nothing short of unlimited bacon grease, top shelf gin (just to take the edge off), and magic...
I definitely egg wash and dredge in peppered flour.

That's the classic way to do it . Flour makes the egg stick . I know it seems backwards , but it's not . Flour , egg , then more flour or bread crumbs ,,, what ever .
10-4. Gonna fry up some deer this weekend. I will post pics of the meat and my brown gravy.

Reactions: chopsaw
That's the classic way to do it . Flour makes the egg stick . I know it seems backwards , but it's not . Flour , egg , then more flour or bread crumbs ,,, what ever .

Yup the way we do it flour then egg and then either seasoned flour or a breading.

Warren

+1 to seasoned flour/store bought. We do a 50/50 mix of Fryin Magic and generic canned bread crumbs. Far better than any recipe I used. Try and rest awhile after breading so the coating dries a bit for better crunch and more breading sticks to the meat.

+1 to seasoned flour/store bought. We do a 50/50 mix of Fryin Magic and generic canned bread crumbs. Far better than any recipe I used. Try and rest awhile after breading so the coating dries a bit for better crunch and more breading sticks to the meat.
Hey something different to try sometime. Sounds good. Thanks alot!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky