Corned Venison

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoksignlr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 6, 2006
Curve Lake, Ontario
This worked out really well. I started with some venison roasts 6 to be exact. I first injected them with a salt and curing mixture. I then let that sit for 2 days in the same brine. I then netted the roasts and tied loops to hang. I hung them in the smokehouse for 8 hours at 200 degrees. I couldn't get them up to 160 internal temperature or at least I didn't get a reading because my son had a hockey game and the temperature had dropped by the time I got back. (don't worry I had someone watching). This is were I knew the force was with me I still had a great bed of coals in the fire pit so I got 2 large pots filled them with water put the roasts into them and lowered the pots onto the coals. I left them there for 45 minutes and that got them up to the temperature of 170. The final product tastes exactly like corned beef. I didn't have any cabbage in the house tonight so I had to settle for corned beef hash. It was awesome. Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky