Corned beef with fried cabbage.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Fantastic meal last night. Corned beef in the crock pot.
And fried cabbage. Store bought corned beef flat. Let that go all day in crock pot.
Cooked up some bacon. Took it out. Added 1 med. diced white onion. Cooked till soft. Added cabbage, salt, pepper, and a few splashes of white vinegar.
Cooked until tender. Then added some corned beef and the crumbled bacon. Stirred in some butter.
No plated shot. But man this was delicious!

P3010028.JPG

Thats sounds really good Steve... Ive not done any fried cabage in a while..... I noticed my local Aldi had corned beef points on sale.... After seeing this I think I might grab one...

Looks great Steve. Whether on a plate or in a sandwich corned beef or pastrami and fried cabbage are a fav in my home.

Nice work Steve, I loves me some CB&C! Never tried fried cabbage before, always just tossed into the pot for 15 minutes. Paddy's Day coming on soon, going to have to give fried cabbage a shot. RAY

Nice work Steve, I loves me some CB&C! Never tried fried cabbage before, always just tossed into the pot for 15 minutes. Paddy's Day coming on soon, going to have to give fried cabbage a shot. RAY
You are about to wonder why you’ve missed out so long. Fired cabbage is one of our go to sides around my house. Cabbage and onion, cabbage and bacon, cabbage and kielbasa etc.

Reactions: Steve H
Wow Steve, that looks really, really good. Nice take on a variation of traditional BC&C. I just happen to have a couple packs of homemade CB in the freezer. Hmmmm....

Robert

Thats sounds really good Steve... Ive not done any fried cabage in a while..... I noticed my local Aldi had corned beef points on sale.... After seeing this I think I might grab one...
Thanks Travis! I bought 3 more CB flats for later. Price wasn't bad.

That my kind o meal! Hopefully you left some corned beef for breakfast hash.
Thanks Brian! I have a chunk set aside for that very purpose.

Nice! I’d definitely crush a plate of that!
Thanks!

Quick, easy, and delicious. . .Looks great!

John
Thanks John!

YEAP! Delicious!

LIKE!
Thanks Justin!

Looks great Steve. Whether on a plate or in a sandwich corned beef or pastrami and fried cabbage are a fav in my home.
Thanks Jeff!

Looks delicious Steve! Comfort food at its finest.
It sure is! Thanks Joe!

Thanks Ray! You should try fried cabbage. It is very good.

Looks great Steve, you sure like to post up very early in the morning
Thank you! On workdays I'm up at around 2am. Sooner if the weather is bad.

Wow Steve, that looks really, really good. Nice take on a variation of traditional BC&C. I just happen to have a couple packs of homemade CB in the freezer. Hmmmm....

Robert
Lol! Go for it! Thanks bud!

Yep same here. Thinking we need to meet up at Steve H Steve H house for supper!
Jim
Thanks Jim!

And you saved me a plate right??? That sounds like darn good eats!
Thanks! Sorry. I pigged out!

Last edited:
Steve, we love corned beef and cabbage and that's a nice spin on it, especially the bacon. Everything is better with bacon, right? Well done, thank you for that idea...

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky