Corned Beef (2nd time doing this)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
Hey Guys, last year I found a recipe for corned beef on here and thought I can do this. It was the best corned beef ever (really it was). So this year I thought I can do this for a family gathering (hoping it would come out as good as last years). And it did. Had the family (5 adults 2 children) and did the entire thing myself (wife helped a bit).

I used a recipe on here (I believe from SmokinAl) and started a brisket all trimmed up and flat and point separated (10 pounds after fat removed) in the brine on the 6th. Today I cooked it all up with potatoes and cabbage. Also as an appetizer i made a spicy chicken lettuce wrap. Here are the pics. Hope all are having a safe and fun St. Patty's day!
Pic 1 - in the brine
Pic 2 - Out of the brine
Pic 3 - Point
Pic 4 - Flat
Pic 5 - The spread
Pic 6 - My Plate
Pic 7 - Beer

Thanks for Looking
Link

Attachments

• Brine.jpg
    Brine.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Out of Brine.jpg
    Out of Brine.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Point.jpg
    Point.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Flat.jpg
    Flat.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Dinner.jpg
    Dinner.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20180317_175844.jpg
    20180317_175844.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 66
  • Beer.jpg
    Beer.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 69
I've got one of these pre-packaged 5# corned beef packages that I am going to cook tomorrow. I generally do one at home about every other year and for the year I don't, we get it at a restaurant. St Patrick's day is my birthday so it an annual favorite. I decided that we'd have the pulled pork today, that I smoked for 16 hrs yesterday, since the kids and grandkids don't really like the corned beef as much as the wife and I do. So tomorrow it's me , the wife and an old timer neighbor of mine and 5#'s of the good stuff.........I have, in the past, just prepared it the oven. I'm wondering what the best way to prepare it really would be. I have all the tools to pressure cook, Dutch oven, roast , smoke, etc...suggestions please!

Nice job on the corned beef, and the plating looks good also.

point for sure.

Chris

I've got one of these pre-packaged 5# corned beef packages that I am going to cook tomorrow. I generally do one at home about every other year and for the year I don't, we get it at a restaurant. St Patrick's day is my birthday so it an annual favorite. I decided that we'd have the pulled pork today, that I smoked for 16 hrs yesterday, since the kids and grandkids don't really like the corned beef as much as the wife and I do. So tomorrow it's me , the wife and an old timer neighbor of mine and 5#'s of the good stuff.........I have, in the past, just prepared it the oven. I'm wondering what the best way to prepare it really would be. I have all the tools to pressure cook, Dutch oven, roast , smoke, etc...suggestions please!
We put the corned beef in a pot of boiling water then reduce to simmer and let it cook till the IT is around 190F then give it a couple more hours till it is probe tender. Thermoworks site has a good explanation of their procedure which is similar.
https://blog.thermoworks.com/2018/0...RCarePost&utm_campaign=Mar2018-Corned-Beef-cs

Thanks for the comments all. And nice to make the carousel now and again.
Link

link congrats on the carousel ride, Great looking corn beef meal. Something on my list do hopefully this spring. Like for sure...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky