Corn Bread (Bear’s Favorite)

Discussion in 'Breads' started by bearcarver, Mar 14, 2016.

1. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Thank You Warren!!

All the Great Fishing water you guys got down there has to add a bunch of Fish to your menus!

BTW: Up until I found this Corn Bread Recipe, the best Corn Bread I ever had was in my High School's Cafeteria.  Now That's Sad !!!

2. petehalsted

petehalsted Meat Mopper

I made this today to go with the Ham and Beans I made with the extras from my last double smoked ham.

My dad always made the best sweet cornbread I remember sneaking some out of the fridge the next morning and it would have a glaze on it just like a donut.

Sadly I lost my dad before I really got into cooking so I never learned his recipe, but I can tell you this is pretty darn close! I am not sure if any will last long enough for me to find out if it gets a glaze on it overnight or not.

Yet another great meal thanks to Bear.
  3. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Thank You Pete!!
    I know what you mean. My Dad wasn't a Cook, but he was raised on a Farm, and he could tell which Wild Mushrooms were good & which were bad. I wish I would have paid attention when I was a kid, but we all picked them & he sorted & washed them. I have never since, had any Mushrooms that melted in my mouth like those did.
    And Thanks for the Like.