Corn Bread (Bear’s Favorite)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Just funning with you buddy !!!!
I know that, you Rascal.

I'm just glad I finally found one we both like.

Until this one, I couldn't even find one I liked as much as what we had in my High School Cafeteria. And they weren't exactly known for Great foods!! 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Bear

I know that this is an older thread, but I ran across it recently and finally had a chance to make Bear's corn bread yesterday.  Bear is right, this recipe makes a moist and delicious corn bread, and it is super easy to make.  Our whole family loved it, and the whole pan was about gone by last night.  If anyone is looking for an easy recipe for corn bread, this is definitely one to try.   Thanks, Bear. 

I know that this is an older thread, but I ran across it recently and finally had a chance to make Bear's corn bread yesterday.  Bear is right, this recipe makes a moist and delicious corn bread, and it is super easy to make.  Our whole family loved it, and the whole pan was about gone by last night.  If anyone is looking for an easy recipe for corn bread, this is definitely one to try.   Thanks, Bear. 
Thank You Smokedad !!

I'm real glad you like it.

This is the only recipe we ever tried that both Mrs Bear & I really like.

Bear

Now that corn bread looks pretty darn good that i bet even i can make it. MMMMMM, Chili and fresh cornbread.

Now that corn bread looks pretty darn good that i bet even i can make it. MMMMMM, Chili and fresh cornbread.
Absolutely!!  I only do easy things!

And if I can do this I know you can do it, Rick!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Down here in East Texas you either are eating Cornbread or Tortillas .

I think somewhere in Texas Law the first to thing a new bride has to learn to perfect is Cornbread and Beans !!!

biggrin.gif

Gary

How Ironic is this that this thread just came up again? I just made this last night. This was impromptu as I was waiting on some thighs and yams in the smoker. I just threw 1/2 C each of crumbled bacon, corn and shredded cheese. Poured in a 400' preheated CI skillet and back in the oven for 16-18 minutes. Made a great breakfast this morning too, and wishing I would have brought the last piece for lunch but I did have to share with the missus.

Down here in East Texas you either are eating Cornbread or Tortillas .

I think somewhere in Texas Law the first to thing a new bride has to learn to perfect is Cornbread and Beans !!!

biggrin.gif

Gary
Yup---I believe that's what "Wishbone" used to make a lot of when they were bringing a Herd up through Texas!!

Bear

Yup---I believe that's what "Wishbone" used to make a lot of when they were bringing a Herd up through Texas!!

Bear
Just can't beat a good ole pot of Pinto Beans, Cornbread and some green onions !!   Mmmmm 
drool.gif

Gary

Missed this one Bear sounds similar to something the Amish make called baked corn I have the recipe will have to post it sometime.

Down here its corn bread and fish with stewed tomatoes and greens. yum!!

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky