cordon bleus on the mini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
Got some big breasts.   1.65 a lb.

Pounded flat.

Ham and swiss added

All tooth picked together.

The mini does these high temps with ease.  I ended the cook around 350.

1 1/2 hours later.

I usually wrap in bacon but somebody left me run out.  AND I have none curing.   
hit.gif

Thanks for looking.

Reactions: seenred
They were very juicy. Can't over cook thou. I pulled them at IT of 165.

Thanks man.

Last edited:
Thanks , I am working on pic taking.

Yeah! I am a thrill seeker I always pull meat a few degrees lower than the recommended temp knowing that it will coast up...chicken, 162 or so...the food safety folks would kill me. That is when I am going to be only one to eat it. Don't want to take a chances with my wife and daughter. I have to say the thing that has improved my cooking more than anything is having a good internal thermometer! I have learned over and over again on SMF to throw timed cooking out the window and cook to your desired temp

What impresses me about this cook is how the cheese remained inside. I've made something similar in my Kettle, but it's always seems to melt out. Even when I have them far away from the coals.
I think the mini would be perfect for this. Great job C!

Looks great, C! I love anything filled with cheese....and something filled with cheese and then smoked? Sheer heaven.

A bacon wrap would have put this over the top, but you make do with what you've got. Still looks fantastic.

Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend!
Clarissa

What impresses me about this cook is how the cheese remained inside. I've made something similar in my Kettle, but it's always seems to melt out. Even when I have them far away from the coals.
I think the mini would be perfect for this. Great job C!
I did lose some cheese but not much.   I used a lot of tooth picks to try to seal it up.
Looks great, C! I love anything filled with cheese....and something filled with cheese and then smoked? Sheer heaven.

A bacon wrap would have put this over the top, but you make do with what you've got. Still looks fantastic.

Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend!
Clarissa
Thanks Clarissa,  They are much better with bacon.  When almost to IT that I want I sear to get crispy bacon.

C That looks fantastic. Are you cooking to an internal temp? Or by time?  Whichever way you're doing it you have nailed it!

Brian

Cooked to IT of 165.

Thanks B

Man that looks delicious C!  I gotta do this one soon!  Nice job Brother!  
icon14.gif

points.gif

Red

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky