COOKING FOR THE WEDDING

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Our Grandson got married Sunday Sept. 2nd When they were doing all the planning I asked who and what was going to do the food? They both looked at me and said "You" Barbecue.
How could I say no. In fact I was flattered that they both wanted me to cook for a crowd.
I had to rent an extra refrigerator for all the meat and buy two huge igloo coolers.
ended up buying all my meat at the local store just up the road (made me a good deal on everything.
6 Briskets 14-18 lbs each
5 - 8-9 # Pork Butts
25 racks of Baby Backs
16 Large Chicken split in Half
12 Lbs. Sausage
4 Gallons of my Baked Beans

Number 2 son brought his Smoker over .
Had 2 smokers going for 4 days

IMG_0713.jpg
IMG_0714.jpg
IMG_0715.jpg
IMG_0718.jpg
IMG_0723.jpg
IMG_0724.jpg
IMG_0725.jpg
IMG_0726.jpg
IMG_0728.jpg
IMG_0729.jpg
IMG_0730.jpg
IMG_0734.jpg
IMG_0735.jpg
IMG_0736.jpg
IMG_0737.jpg
IMG_0739.jpg
IMG_0740.jpg
IMG_0741.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg
IMG_0743 (1).jpg
IMG_0744.jpg
IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0748.jpg
IMG_0749 (1).jpg
IMG_0750 (1).jpg
IMG_0751 (2).jpg
IMG_0752 (2).jpg

This is the best I could do with Pics, It got so Crazy I didn't even think about More Pics

We fed between 80 and 90 people and lots of seconds. I guess it was pretty darn good everyone kept complimenting how good the BBQ was

and BTW I also Officiated the Service I had a blast but tired , tired

Gary

Congratulations on the wedding! That’s one huge cook, I’d pull my hair out trying to cook for 80 or 90 people. Looks like you did great though.

Awesome all around . That sausage really caught my eye . Looks perfect .

WOW, just WOW. That's a great looking cook Gary. Superb Job on those wedding vittles, and I don't think I've ever seen a fridge stocked with that much food.

Point for sure.

Chris

Wow, that had to take some serious planning and it looks like you pulled it off well!

I would be curious to hear more about your process, As far as order you cooked things, how you held them, reheated etc. and what worked, didn't work, what you would change if you did it again.

Gary, congrats on the grandson’s wedding. That’s one hell of a cook, you make it look so easy.

Gary Congrats on a fantastic cook,all looks perfect to me.Hope the newly weds have a long and happy bunch of years together.
Richie

Thanks Guys I had more fun than I have had in Years. The only time I got a little stressed was re-warming
Wedding was at 5:30 PM I finished warming the last batch at 4:10 PM #1 son and nephew hurried it out there, then I jumped in the shower, got ready and made it by 5:30 Actually got started with the ceremony at 6:00

Gary

After all the others comments the only thing I can say is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.
You also created some fond memories for you family. Congrats to your grandson.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky