1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

COOKING FOR THE WEDDING

Discussion in 'Catering & Large Group Gatherings' started by gary s, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Our Grandson got married Sunday Sept. 2nd When they were doing all the planning I asked who and what was going to do the food? They both looked at me and said "You" Barbecue.
    How could I say no. In fact I was flattered that they both wanted me to cook for a crowd.
    I had to rent an extra refrigerator for all the meat and buy two huge igloo coolers.
    ended up buying all my meat at the local store just up the road (made me a good deal on everything.
    6 Briskets 14-18 lbs each
    5 - 8-9 # Pork Butts
    25 racks of Baby Backs
    16 Large Chicken split in Half
    12 Lbs. Sausage
    4 Gallons of my Baked Beans

Number 2 son brought his Smoker over .
    Had 2 smokers going for 4 days

IMG_0713.jpg IMG_0714.jpg IMG_0715.jpg IMG_0718.jpg IMG_0723.jpg IMG_0724.jpg IMG_0725.jpg IMG_0726.jpg IMG_0728.jpg IMG_0729.jpg IMG_0730.jpg IMG_0734.jpg IMG_0735.jpg IMG_0736.jpg IMG_0737.jpg IMG_0739.jpg IMG_0740.jpg IMG_0741.jpg IMG_0742.jpg IMG_0743 (1).jpg IMG_0744.jpg IMG_0746.jpg IMG_0747.jpg IMG_0748.jpg IMG_0749 (1).jpg IMG_0750 (1).jpg IMG_0751 (2).jpg IMG_0752 (2).jpg

This is the best I could do with Pics, It got so Crazy I didn't even think about More Pics

We fed between 80 and 90 people and lots of seconds. I guess it was pretty darn good everyone kept complimenting how good the BBQ was

and BTW I also Officiated the Service I had a blast but tired , tired

Gary

2. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

WOW!
    Congrats on your Grandson's Wedding and on pulling off the HUGE cook.
    Like!

3. cooker613

cooker613 Meat Mopper

Mazel Tov. A beautiful cook!

4. flatbroke

flatbroke Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Good job

5. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

Wow, what a job! Looks excellent!

6. kruizer

kruizer Smoking Fanatic

I love to cook and that is too much for me to handle. It is good you had some help. Awesome cook

7. Congratulations on the wedding! That’s one huge cook, I’d pull my hair out trying to cook for 80 or 90 people. Looks like you did great though.

8. motocrash

motocrash Master of the Pit

Man that's a lot of work!
    upload_2018-9-4_20-2-17.png

meatallica likes this.
  9. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Awesome all around . That sausage really caught my eye . Looks perfect .

10. Smoke23

Smoke23 Smoking Fanatic

Congratulations on the grandson’s wedding and that HUGE cook!

11. That looks like a colossal cook! What an undertaking! Congrats on everything, from the cook to the wedding to the carousel!

12. zachd

zachd Meat Mopper

Mn
    Wow!

13. meatallica

meatallica Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Awesome job!!!

14. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

WOW, just WOW. That's a great looking cook Gary. Superb Job on those wedding vittles, and I don't think I've ever seen a fridge stocked with that much food.

Point for sure.

Chris

15. petehalsted

petehalsted Smoking Fanatic

Wow, that had to take some serious planning and it looks like you pulled it off well!

I would be curious to hear more about your process, As far as order you cooked things, how you held them, reheated etc. and what worked, didn't work, what you would change if you did it again.

16. xray

xray Smoking Fanatic

Gary, congrats on the grandson’s wedding. That’s one hell of a cook, you make it look so easy.

17. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Gary Congrats on a fantastic cook,all looks perfect to me.Hope the newly weds have a long and happy bunch of years together.
    Richie

18. Thanks Guys I had more fun than I have had in Years. The only time I got a little stressed was re-warming
    Wedding was at 5:30 PM I finished warming the last batch at 4:10 PM #1 son and nephew hurried it out there, then I jumped in the shower, got ready and made it by 5:30 Actually got started with the ceremony at 6:00

Gary

19. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Wow, what a marathon cook!
    Great photo's & congrats to the bride & groom!!!
    Al

20. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

After all the others comments the only thing I can say is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.
    You also created some fond memories for you family. Congrats to your grandson.

Warren