Company's Coming

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lemans

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Jackson New Jersey
So I'm having family come from Va Thursday so I wanted to do something special. So I decided to do Disney Turkey legs and pulled pork. Legs went in brine
Sunday and everyone went on the WSM at 8 am
Came out super.. So I can relax and drink tomarrow...

Pops brine , 1/2 cup pickling spices 3 days
Fresh water for an hour , let dry in fridge
Sprinkle with paprika
Smoke til IT 165-170

Looks Great to me, nice job on everything  ---  Points

Gary

Pops brine , 1/2 cup pickling spices 3 days
Fresh water for an hour , let dry in fridge
Sprinkle with paprika
Smoke til IT 165-170
Nice job....

Pickling spices are the bomb! I toss some in my poultry brine as well. Normally I use them when making corned beef from raw brisket. I get mine by the Lb. from Atlantic Spice Co. (158 Pickling Spice Blend)..

So strange to see all your guys' equipment that isn't sun rotted and covered in dust.

-Pit

Last edited:
Nice job....

Pickling spices are the bomb! I toss some in my poultry brine as well. Normally I use them when making corned beef from raw brisket. I get mine by the Lb. from Atlantic Spice Co. (158 Pickling Spice Blend)..

So strange to see all your guys' equipment that isn't sun rotted and covered in dust.
-Pit
Gotta take care of your toys!!!
Get yourself some of this, Pit
Points for the new idea, LeMans!
Turkey legs sounds like fun!

Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky