• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Company’s coming

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 14, 2016
My wife’s brother and his wife are coming for a visit this weekend.  I was informed by my wife that I am cooking something on the smoker for dinner.  With that in mind, I went to the freezer and pulled out a 3 lb chuck roast.  I also bought three pork loin fillets, and two steelhead fillets.

The chuck roast will be cooked until an IT of 165 then cubed up to make stew on Sunday evening.  The pork loin fillets (two coated with dry rub and one coated with olive oil and garlic) are for Saturday night dinner, and the steelhead fillets are for tonight’s dinner.

I was up at 5 am to get everything ready for three hours of cold smoking.  Now it’s time to fire up the smoker and start cooking.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Looks great.  What time is tonight's dinner?  Traffic permitting, I can be there soon  :-)

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Looks like you're off to a great start!

Looking forward to the finish!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks good so far!

Al

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 14, 2016
At 1 pm I took the chuck roast off the smoker.  It had gone to an IT of 165.  The steelhead fillets were cooked to an IT of 145 and the pork loin fillets got a little overcooked to an IT of 170.

Our company was unable to arrive at our house until 8:30 pm. We ate the pork loin fillets for dinner instead.  Tonight we will eat the steelhead fillets.

emsemt

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 14, 2016
Next time I'm in Sacramento I'll have to come meet you in person.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Nice job.  Too bad the pork got overdone.  I imagine it was still real tasty, just a bit dry.

Gary

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
RC, looks like a great couple of meals!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.