Company’s coming

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richard cameron

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
Sacramento California
My wife’s brother and his wife are coming for a visit this weekend.  I was informed by my wife that I am cooking something on the smoker for dinner.  With that in mind, I went to the freezer and pulled out a 3 lb chuck roast.  I also bought three pork loin fillets, and two steelhead fillets.

The chuck roast will be cooked until an IT of 165 then cubed up to make stew on Sunday evening.  The pork loin fillets (two coated with dry rub and one coated with olive oil and garlic) are for Saturday night dinner, and the steelhead fillets are for tonight’s dinner.

I was up at 5 am to get everything ready for three hours of cold smoking.  Now it’s time to fire up the smoker and start cooking.

Looks great.  What time is tonight's dinner?  Traffic permitting, I can be there soon  :-)

At 1 pm I took the chuck roast off the smoker.  It had gone to an IT of 165.  The steelhead fillets were cooked to an IT of 145 and the pork loin fillets got a little overcooked to an IT of 170.

Our company was unable to arrive at our house until 8:30 pm. We ate the pork loin fillets for dinner instead.  Tonight we will eat the steelhead fillets.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky