Coleslaw Recipes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is totally off the wall, but it's my new favorite thing:

- shredded cabbage
- pickled pineapple (cut in matchsticks)
- finely chopped Kimchi
- Kewpie mayo

I use this as a topper on a fried chicken sandwich (minus the shredded cabbage). Would easily turn into a coleslaw if you add some cabbage to tone things down.

You could try my Whupass Coleslaw if you like a spicy kick.

Or the Apple Sweet Slaw for an almost dessert like Slaw.

I'm making the Whupass tonight, and Smoking a 10lb Butt to take to deer camp tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'll try to get mine posted for you tomorrow Derek. It's a basic creamy coleslaw. Straight forward ingredients but people rave over it.

I have made this one last couple times. Very creamy.

I doing this one this weekend that in this recipe. I think its going to really good as well as the taco's.

Reactions: jcam222
This is my recipe. Nothing fancy but having messed with it the last couple of years I find there is no reason to make it more complex. You will likely want to scale it down. My recipe is for 5 - 6 lbs. of shredded cabbage as when I make it between selling some, sharing and eating it's gone very quickly. My peeps freak out over it. I do use the pre shredded cabbage mix that has some purple cabbage and carrots in it. You can also sub the Splenda out for sugar if you want. Just start with half and work it to your taste. The garlic sounds like a lot but trust me, it is not overpowering.

Chef Jeff’s Keto Creamy Coleslaw

Ingredients:

• 30 oz. container of mayonnaise
  • 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
  • 1.5 t salt
  • 1.5 t garlic powder
  • 2.5 T prepared minced garlic
  • 2.5 T liquid from prepared minced garlic
  • 1.5 t smoked paprika (Optional)
  • 2.5 T medium ground black pepper
  • 1.5 to 1.75 cups Splenda
Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth. This makes enough dressing for 5 – 6 lbs. of shredded coleslaw mix. May need to add 4 lbs. and after sitting a couple hours add the other 1 – 2 lbs. Coleslaw is best the next day.

Notes:

• Smoked Paprika for slaw dressing is optional. Does add a little pink tint to the dressing.
  • If using fine ground black pepper reduce by half and adjust to taste
  • You can add celery seed if you like that in yours
  • Splenda can be adjusted to taste. Start with 1.25 cups and adjust .25 cups at a time until desired taste is achieved.
  • For a Sweet Alabama White Sauce for dipping chicken and wings reduce Splenda by 50%, double pepper and smoked paprika. This is a standard chicken sauce all through the south.

I'm another fan of smokin smokin 'Al's slaw recipe. I do replace the sugar with Splenda, sometimes chop up a little apple and onion to toss into the mix. RAY
C9D789E3-73D5-4152-87C1-F2BF0405F3A6.jpeg

Last edited:
I am not really a mayo fan. All of you experts have a slaw that isn't mayo based? I like a good slaw on PP for sure.
Chile has a good one

And here another I like

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky