Cold weather is upon us!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Which means it's time for roasts and chowders and casseroles!

Mountains got snow the lAst couple days. Temps in town were in the fifties with night lows at or just above freezing.

Forecast for the weekend though is back up to 80 and lows in the 40's.

The other day I saw that Chuck roasts were on sale $4.99/pound. So unpicked up nice looking one. I was going to cook it up this weekend but the new forecast has me pushing it up a couple days.

Haven't used the cream can in a while and it's the only way to chuck nice and tender, in a short amount of time.

Typical pot roast cook. Using a couple bottle of Guinness that needed to be used up. Salt pepper onions garlic celery carrots taters all in the pot. 1 1/2-2 hours and it will be dinner time!

ca53a1f91532a261a363e36e3572cb01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bdskelly and disco
Those cans are so cool. I like that it is Different...JJ

I see your sale price and it sucks! There close to the same here that's why I eat so much Tri tip.:biggrin:

I see your sale price and it sucks! There close to the same here that's why I eat so much Tri tip.:biggrin:

Not on sale chucks are $8.99-$10.99 pound. Which is why we eat a lot of Tri tip too! Unfortunately Tri tip doesn't pull too well!!!!!!

Chuck's are on sale at Kroger this week for $3.49 and I plan on picking up 2 or 3.
Where do you get a "can" like that?
I'll be watching this one!

:popcorn

Chuck's are on sale at Kroger this week for $3.49 and I plan on picking up 2 or 3.
Where do you get a "can" like that?
I'll be watching this one!

:popcorn

There are other ones out there, but this is the best one on the market. The fit is so goodie the lid that it requires no gaskets.

http://www.ogallalacreamcansupper.com/

It's smelling awesome in my house right now! Love pot roasts!

Oh yeah this is the 2 1/2 gallon can. Best size for feeding a small family or a small army.

Not on sale chucks are $8.99-$10.99 pound. Which is why we eat a lot of Tri tip too! Unfortunately Tri tip doesn't pull too well!!!!!!

That's crazy! To think I used to get upset with the price of my dogs food,special diet has to come from the vet,your prices are scary.

Okay here we are. I didn't get a plate shot. Wife is out tonight so I just grazed! Why dirty a plate! Boys grabbed plates too fast to catch a photo of theirs!

558f9703c4b61467ab7afaf68887d30e.jpg

513beabfcf5b383a145a7b182cae0653.jpg

8ca5b7b1b9d05f2ef2a39542b30afdfb.jpg

a7cdac9016beba079307f1e3f9ed975a.jpg

0822a21466a91da2221a80bf0ca6a97f.jpg

3c072b9360c4af1befda07ff563e73f9.jpg

This one wasn't pull tender, but it was perfect for slicing. I took it out at 90 minutes. Another 30 minutes and it would've pulled. I was going to make a gravy out of the broth but got lazy!

Tomorrow I will and serve the leftover meat as open face sandwees!

Enjoy!!!!

Yeah it's a crowd pleaser! The Ogallalla cans are great! The fact that I can have fall apart tender pot roast in 99 minutes is great!
Dang! I didn't realize they develop some pressure. Thanks...JJ

Pot Roast is one of my favorites,I wish I had room to store one of them cans Points

Richie 

Looks and sounds awesome, sailor!
Points!
I've bookmarked the site and will start lobbying the boss....
Will it do ham 'n beans?
I goofed about the chuck sale at Kroger. It's at Meijer. I thought there are Meijer stores in Michigan, b-one?
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky