Cold smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brodip2

Original poster
Aug 21, 2022
Hello! I have been reading for a while, but just joined. I’m smoking yo in Ontario (in a thunderstorm) and wondering about cold smoking with an offset. I came up with this to get some smoke on to my wife’s homemade cheese. Any tips?
906C71E5-2729-41DF-BE89-2258AB1B3852.jpeg

The easiest way to smoke cheese in an offset is to get a pellet tube, fill it with pellets, light it up & put it in your firebox. The only heat generated will come from the smoldering pellets.
Al

Reactions: smokerjim
As long as you can keep it under 80 degrees you should be fine, you dont want your cheese to start sweating

The easiest way to smoke cheese in an offset is to get a pellet tube, fill it with pellets, light it up & put it in your firebox. The only heat generated will come from the smoldering pellets.
Al
Thanks for the advice. I’ve been thinking about one of those for a while.

As long as you can keep it under 80 degrees you should be fine, you dont want your cheese to start sweating
The 80 degrees was tricky. I was smoking some beef ribs and thought turning the chimney would keep the heat down in the box, but it was tricky to keep it under 100 when the smoker was at 225.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky