Coffee Infused Pork Loin On The Oklahoma Joe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mark in the pit

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 24, 2017

Coffee Infused Smoked Pork Loin

Ingredients:
Pork Loin
Vegetable Oil
Decaf Coffee
The Rub

The Rub Recipe:
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Paprika
1/4 C Black Sea Salt
1/4 C Chili Powder
1 TB Pepper
2 TB Old Bay
1/2 TS Ginger

Method:
Rub all ingredients (proportions to taste) on the pork loin. I set in the fridge for about 2 hours to rest but that is not necessary. Set smoker / grill to 250°F ~ 300°F. Cook around 4 hours or until your desired internal temperature is reached.

I spray with 50/50 apple cider vinegar / apple juice about every 1 hour.

I went for medium well doneness on my pork loin (internal temp of roughly 155°F)

Since we are not pulling this meat, there is no real benefit of cooking lower or slower. It will be just as tender and juicy at the higher end of the spectrum of bbq temps.

Mark I gotta say I really enjoyed this post--really well done.
That loin looks great!! I've been kicking around the coffee idea for a while and now I know I'll be trying it.
I always cook my loins to 140 and let the carryover bring the final temp to 145. But that's just personal preference. Everybody's tastes are different.
POINT
Gary

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Most people I know like their pork a little more on the medium side as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky