Cod Almighty!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Terrific Tuesday wishes to you all!

Just some simple as ever "smoked cod" today for lunch, although it was mighty delicious, healthful, and really hit the spot! And so it's here.

Smoking this with zucchini and yellow squash, for 25 minutes, and then serving that over spinach, raw tomato and raw chopped leeks, (with olive oil and ground white pepper added at the table), it was a lovely lunch.

OK, here's to making today delicious, and making today better than yesterday! Cheers! - Leah

Leah,

Great looking dish!  Details on the smoke?  Smoking temp, internal temp and wood that you used? Any seasonings?

Thank you.

Thanks tons Ol'Mikey, and happy Tuesday to you too!

Jfsjazz, I'm such a minimalist, that when it comes to details, I merely mop simple albeit fresh food through grapeseed oil, smoke with apple wood chips on my little gas "MINI" humble thing; (on the lower end of "high") and for about 20-25 minutes for almost every single thing which I make. Glad you enjoyed!

That being said, I am in AWE when viewing these masters online here! I am learning so much!!! It's incredible to see!

And thanks Dirtsailor! I wake up at 3 a.m. daily, eat my main meal no later than 8 a.m., (unless schedules permit otherwise on certain days), and admittedly go to bed before most youngsters even on the plant, I'm sure! However, I do wake up hungry, am a zealous morning person, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Cheers to all!!! Make today wonderful! - Leah

Looks as good as usual, Leah. Does it get much smoke flavour with the 25 minutes smoke?

As the Codmother, do I have to kiss your ring?

Disco

Thank you Disco!! Yes, yes, that's right and proper protocol, being Codmother and all! Smiles. Too funny!!!

It doesn't get a ton of smoke flavor (the way canned smoked mackerel tastes for example - which I LOVE by the way) and yet it does get that brownish sultry color and amazing smell, and it genuinely does taste smoky to a degree too. Smoked strawberries really got a nice essence, and the whiting, and sardines really picked it up too. The cod being the most subtle so far perhaps.

Here's to a fabulous week and to today! Your bacon on a stick sure started things off pretty fantastically!!!! Cheers, Cheers!!!! - Leah

Thank you Disco!! Yes, yes, that's right and proper protocol, being Codmother and all! Smiles. Too funny!!!

It doesn't get a ton of smoke flavor (the way canned smoked mackerel tastes for example - which I LOVE by the way) and yet it does get that brownish sultry color and amazing smell, and it genuinely does taste smoky to a degree too. Smoked strawberries really got a nice essence, and the whiting, and sardines really picked it up too. The cod being the most subtle so far perhaps.

Here's to a fabulous week and to today! Your bacon on a stick sure started things off pretty fantastically!!!! Cheers, Cheers!!!! - Leah
Sounds like something to try. You might want to stay away from the bacon on a stick. You should see what it has done to me!

Disco

Hello Leah.  Fine looking meal.  Your food always looks great but your posts make me smile.  You always seem to be bouncing off the walls bubbly and happy.  You keep goin girl.  We should all be that high on life.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Last edited:
Funny Disco!!! What a riot!!! Actually, Sunday's alligator had the most flavor out of anything smoked so far, and it was WON-DER-FUL!! The best thing I've eaten in years! (I'm still raving like a lunatic about it, some days later)!!! You can probably hear it all the way up in Canada even!!! Smiles. Such lovely stuff!!!

And thank you Danny! I am thrilled if I make anybody smile, enjoy life more, enjoy their day more, become happier with themselves more, embrace more passion with their food and mood or whatever it be! And so thanks very much for that compliment! I appreciate that tons, as I am indeed an unapologetic optimist, and just feel that the alternative, (of being a cranky witch and talking all about whatever ilk is wrong), just seems so overrated right? Here's to the "good" in this world therefore! There sure is a lot of it!

And thanks too, Driedstick! These sign-on names crack me up! Cheers to you too!!!! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky