Cleaning the glass on my Charbroil electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smittybbq

Original poster
Oct 30, 2017
Tennessee
I plan on trying to clean the glass on my smoker with a magic eraser. I see a lot of people have done it with some success I am assuming. Just wondering if anyone of y'all have tried it and how did it work?'

I plan on trying to clean the glass on my smoker with a magic eraser. I see a lot of people have done it with some success I am assuming. Just wondering if anyone of y'all have tried it and how did it work?'
Tried it on my MES not worth the money,use a piece of news paper and a spray bottle with vinegar.Lots of paper towels for the finish.
Richie

Also you have to keep after it.
I clean my glass in my MES door before every use. Takes about 2 minutes.
If you let it go too long, it's best to use a razor blade first, like a "Widget".
Then wash it in your favorite way. I just use Windex & Paper towels.

Bear

I actually let it go to far and ended up using a razor blade on it. It did a wonderful job. Does the Windex affect the food?

I clean my MES40 window while it is warm with some of those Clorox disinfecting kitchen wipes. it does a nice job of cutting thru the gunk. and like Bear says, a razor blade for the tough stuff.

Barry.

I actually let it go to far and ended up using a razor blade on it. It did a wonderful job. Does the Windex affect the food?

I guess it would if you sprayed the food.
I just open the door all the way & spray close-up to avoid anything going airborne.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky