• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cleaning the glass on my Charbroil electric smoker

smittybbq

Joined Oct 30, 2017
I plan on trying to clean the glass on my smoker with a magic eraser. I see a lot of people have done it with some success I am assuming. Just wondering if anyone of y'all have tried it and how did it work?'

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I plan on trying to clean the glass on my smoker with a magic eraser. I see a lot of people have done it with some success I am assuming. Just wondering if anyone of y'all have tried it and how did it work?'
Tried it on my MES not worth the money,use a piece of news paper and a spray bottle with vinegar.Lots of paper towels for the finish.
Richie

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Also you have to keep after it.
I clean my glass in my MES door before every use. Takes about 2 minutes.
If you let it go too long, it's best to use a razor blade first, like a "Widget".
Then wash it in your favorite way. I just use Windex & Paper towels.

Bear

smittybbq

Joined Oct 30, 2017
I actually let it go to far and ended up using a razor blade on it. It did a wonderful job. Does the Windex affect the food?

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Rubbing alcohol works very well too.
Scrap it first, then rubbing alcohol & a paper towel.
Al

biteme7951

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2010
I clean my MES40 window while it is warm with some of those Clorox disinfecting kitchen wipes. it does a nice job of cutting thru the gunk. and like Bear says, a razor blade for the tough stuff.

Barry.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I actually let it go to far and ended up using a razor blade on it. It did a wonderful job. Does the Windex affect the food?
I guess it would if you sprayed the food.
I just open the door all the way & spray close-up to avoid anything going airborne.

Bear

Joined Apr 30, 2017
Thanks for the info! I’ve been wanting to clean the glass on my smoker for a while now, but wasn’t sure how to even start!

Happy smoking, all!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom