1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cleaning the glass on my Charbroil electric smoker

Discussion in 'For New Members' started by smittybbq, Oct 30, 2017.

1. I plan on trying to clean the glass on my smoker with a magic eraser. I see a lot of people have done it with some success I am assuming. Just wondering if anyone of y'all have tried it and how did it work?'

2. tropics

tropics Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Tried it on my MES not worth the money,use a piece of news paper and a spray bottle with vinegar.Lots of paper towels for the finish.
    Richie

3. alright thanks for the help

4. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Also you have to keep after it.
    I clean my glass in my MES door before every use. Takes about 2 minutes.
    If you let it go too long, it's best to use a razor blade first, like a "Widget".
    Then wash it in your favorite way. I just use Windex & Paper towels.

Bear

5. I actually let it go to far and ended up using a razor blade on it. It did a wonderful job. Does the Windex affect the food?

6. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Rubbing alcohol works very well too.
    Scrap it first, then rubbing alcohol & a paper towel.
    Al

7. biteme7951

biteme7951 Smoking Fanatic

I clean my MES40 window while it is warm with some of those Clorox disinfecting kitchen wipes. it does a nice job of cutting thru the gunk. and like Bear says, a razor blade for the tough stuff.

Barry.

8. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

I guess it would if you sprayed the food.
    I just open the door all the way & spray close-up to avoid anything going airborne.

Bear

9. Thanks for the info! I’ve been wanting to clean the glass on my smoker for a while now, but wasn’t sure how to even start!

Happy smoking, all!

10. 30" Jim

30" Jim Fire Starter

Mine cleans up easy with paper towels and apple cider vinegar