chuckie with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Upstate new york
Did a chuckie today its the first smoke i did with the clay saucer and i don't think i will ever go back to water again. It held temp a lot better than i thought i would and clean up is really easy. That's a plus.

weather..  35F and sunny.

wind.. around 8 mph

FLO is all set yup and ready for some BEEF...

4ce8b3a0_034.jpg

Rubbed the chuckie last night with my rub and in the cooler to rest..

83152250_033.jpg

coming out of the cooler after a good 24 hour rest

81aeb90e_031.jpg

After about 2 hours getting ready to give her a nice spray of apple juice

e558d443_041.jpg

Temp is hold real good right at 230'f

3e1a65a9_035.jpg

took a break to warm are feet up. Thats my buddy getting  his toes toasty. lol
53231d06_044.jpg

The chuckie hit 165 time to foil

10818e90_045.jpg

let it rest for 2 hours and started to pull it.

817f907c_050.jpg

pulled and on the plate and its smelling so good. mmmm

4dc69297_049.jpg

This chuckie turned out really good.

I came up with a good finishing sauce. It was a big hit. Give it a try

2 Tbs of your rub

1 part sweet baby rays BBQ
[h3]1 part Arnold Palmer Half & Half [/h3]
warm it up and into  a dipping dish...

I like to poor it over the the meat when its all pulled and mix it right in..But thats just me
icon_lol.gif

Last edited:
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
  Man that looks good.I need to quit drooling on the keyboard lol.  I got a chuckie in the freezer, after looking at this, I think that is next. 

That's what I'm talking about!!  Smoking in the snow...

The chuckie looks wonderful and unfortunately for me, I have no smoke flavored anything in the house right now and my hands are shaking. Might have to resort to a teaspoon of liquid smoke before bed
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Great looking chuckie - Jeff dont do it - liquid smoke is only gonna make you want the real thing

Great looking chuckie!! that plamer half and half is that the one that is part tea/lemonaid ?? sounds great!

les yes that is the one thats half tea/lemonaid if you like to  use a finish sauce give it a try its real good. Its even better when you warm it up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky