Chuckie Pilbil first Q-view attempt.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timberjet

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
Waitsburg Washington
Achiote paste

garlic powder

onion powder

cumin

chilli molido powder

chopped dried chipolte peppers

pinch of salt

5 cubes of chipolte bullion

This is my rub and I use about equal parts of all of the above to taste

I coated the chuckie with evoo and applied the rub to sit for 24 hours.

Smoked at 225 over apple wood to 165 and mopped with apple juice and tequilla every hour after 100 degrees was reached.

Wrapped in banana leaves and foil.

Oven baked at 250 until 205 internal.

c8c6c9a8_Jan15333.jpg
8b58faf0_Jan15337.jpg
c8fdf6bf_Jan15332.jpg

Last edited:
Ok the last picture is the banana leaf wrap. I wrapped it up and am waiting patiently for 205 to pull and rest for an hour.
b57f6bf3_Jan15338.jpg
2fc9d88f_Jan15339.jpg

Woo hoo 202 and little to no stall. Final pictures may be tomorrow when I serve this on buns and tortillas at halftime of the Seattle Chicago game. Go Hawks!
a4b79b05_seahawkeye.jpg

Oh I did double duty for todays supper. Chicken thighs marinaded in soy vay garlic hoisin sauce for 24 hours and smoked to 175.
ada40aa0_Jan15335.jpg

Ok well my camera sucks as all get out. can not seem to point it at what i'm taking pictures of but hopefully you get the idea. Thanks for checking it out. It turned out real real good!
1c93b770_Jan15341.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky