Chuck Roasts (SV Pulled Beef)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Chuck Roasts (SV Pulled Beef)

We finally got some Beef at decent prices, during this Pandemic, so I had to buy a bunch!
I did one @ 2.34 LB, on sale for $2.99, and I had 2 more to save, so I got them ready.
I put a packet of Lipton's Beefy Onion on both sides of the meat, into the bags, and sealed them up.
That was back in January, and now it was time to turn them into some awesome Tender Pulled Beef.
Then Both Bags into the SV @ 165° for 30 hours. Just right for Pulling Beef.

I’ll fill in what we did, above each Pic below.

Thanks for stopping By,

Bear

Two Chuckies fresh out of My Sous Vide: (Left one was kinda small)
IMG_7324.jpeg

Fell apart while pulling them out of Bags with Tongs:
IMG_7325.jpeg

One Meal for each of us, before pulling Beef for "Hot Roast Beef Sammies":
IMG_7326.jpeg

Need some Steak Fries for second night's Supper:
IMG_7328.jpeg

Building Sammy with Gravy first, then bread, then Gravy & Meat
IMG_7329.jpeg

Then another slice of Bread & More Pulled Beef:
IMG_7330.jpeg

Then more Gravy on top of Sammy and also Gravy on the Fries:
IMG_7331.jpeg

Another View of Bear's Second Night's Supper:
IMG_7332.jpeg

Another night's Supper was Pulled Beef with Horseradish Sauce on 2 rolls, with Melted Cheese on top, and Pickle Chips on the side:
IMG_7333.jpeg

Great looking meals John! Open faced RB sandwiches are one of my all time favorite meals. Steak fries with gravy? Uh...yeah sign me up!

Now that all looks great! Love the Gravy on the Taters as you know. That Pulled looks tender and delicious on all three meals. Great job.

Looking good, Bear!
For as long as I can remember I made sandwiches from the pulled apart beef from a pot roast.
A pile of beef on a bun with a drizzle of juice. Yeah, man!

There you went and dunnit Bear! Now I need some pulled chuck. Looks amazing. Nice work all around. Like

Wow another group of nice meals.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I haven't used the Lipton's Beefy Onion in quite a while.... I don't know why because it's good on chuck and pork butt too.

Thank You Thirdeye!!
Yup using Beefy Onion was a Great Tip I got from Chopsaw, about 2 years ago!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Last edited:
Yes sir bear, they all look fantastic!

Thank You Jim!!
And For the Like.

Bear

Great looking meals John! Open faced RB sandwiches are one of my all time favorite meals. Steak fries with gravy? Uh...yeah sign me up!

Thank You John!!
My favorite too---Since I was about 5 years old.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great, as usual, Bear. Not sure if you are a fan, but being less than 1000 miles from Buffalo :emoji_wink: if you haven’t already, you might try a variation of beef on weck … my favorite Sammy!

Looks great Bear, my kind of meals there!

Thank You Justin!!
Definitely one of my favorites!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Now that all looks great! Love the Gravy on the Taters as you know. That Pulled looks tender and delicious on all three meals. Great job.

Thank You Mike!!
Here's how you know this is good!!
I can make a Chucky into a Prime Rib-like thing, by SVing it at 131° for 48 hours, but I still make More Chucks like this for Pulled Beef!!!
That's Proof!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looking good, Bear!
For as long as I can remember I made sandwiches from the pulled apart beef from a pot roast.
A pile of beef on a bun with a drizzle of juice. Yeah, man!

Thank You Mose!!
Me too--The love started 70 years ago!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky