Chuck Roast Sammie W/ Melted Swiss And Spinach

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Another one that was a bit of an evolution. I put this Chuck roast on the Rec Tec Friday afternoon on low temp / extreme smoke for 4 hours. The idea was that I'd put it in the slow cooker Saturday morning and have a nice dinner since I knew Tracy was gonna have my @$$ scrambling Saturday. We got the chores done and the weather was just gorgeous: sunny and temps knocking on the door of 90 degrees. She decided at 3:00 Saturday afternoon that she wanted burgers for dinner that night. It was the perfect day for an all American cookout, so I gave in (of course). Plans for the chuck roast just got derailed and moved to Sunday. I did something for the burgers Saturday that I'd never done before, but will do again: I grilled the bacon instead of frying it. The only reason I mention this is because it's going to show up in the one pic I post of dinner Sunday night when I put the chuck roast back on to slow cook. This post is about the leftovers we did on Monday. Yep...it was an evolution :emoji_astonished: Here is the one pic from Sunday night dinner. We did the chuck roast, a nice salad, and mashed taters with the grilled bacon that was left over from Saturday.

Here is the bacon on the grill over the sear burner but on low temp
005.jpg

Sunday dinner
008.jpg

Fast forward to Monday. The chuck roast was SO good I had to come up with something to do with it, so decided on sammies. Here is the rest of the roast and gravy in a pan to warm up
001.jpg

Cut up ad seasoned some taters for fries
002.jpg

Into the Emeril 360 air fryer
003.jpg

Got some spinach, butter, and garlic into another pan
005.jpg

Nice Brioche buns for the sammies
006.jpg

Some good quality Swiss Cheese
007.jpg

Load the buns with the warmed chuck roast
008.jpg

Add the Swiss cheese then under the broiler for a few minutes
009.jpg

Cheese melted and buns nicely toasted
010.jpg

Money shot: add spinach to the sammies, fries to the plate, slice, and it's time to eat!!
014.jpg

At the end of the day, this sandwich was nothing short of spectacular!! Both of us just loved it. I've done stuffed taters in the past with chuck roast but something about the Brioche bun, the spinach, and the melted Swiss cheese was just off the charts. All in all, not a bad use of leftovers :emoji_laughing: Tracy has actually asked me to do a chuck roast and divide it out into dinner sized portions and freeze it so we can make this any time...seriously, it was that good. Far be it from me to be tie disobedient husband!!

Have chuck roast, will travel,
Robert

Looks Awesome, Robert!!
Question, Did you use the Broiler in the #360 or in your oven.
I haven't tried the #360 broiler yet. Just wondering.
Great Looking Stuff!!
Like.

Bear

Thank you Bear!! No, I just used the Bake setting. I'm too simple minded to figure out all those friggin settings...but it worked :emoji_laughing:

Sometimes simple is better,
Robert

Looks absolutely delicious Robert! Good call on toasting the bread and cheese.

:emoji_heart_eyes:

Like!

I've never thought about cooking bacon in my Yoder but I'm gonna try that trick now.

I'm not kidding when I say my mouth is watering just looking at the pics and reading your post. It all looks and sounds so tasty.

Thank you Bear!! No, I just used the Bake setting. I'm too simple minded to figure out all those friggin settings...but it worked :emoji_laughing:

Sometimes simple is better,
Robert

I know what you mean, that's why I haven't used the "Broil" setting yet.
Too many choices, and depending on which option you use it affects whether the Fan comes on by itself, or how many elements come on.
LOL I use Roast for a lot of things, because it uses all elements, and then I control the fan manually. They should have more Step by Step recipes. Their recipes in the book don't even tell you to use the fan or not!! #$%^&*(
I guess we just gotta figure it out for ourselves, but that's kinda a slow thing.

Yours Looks Great!!

Bear

Excellent looking sandwich Robert. Like the spinach and brioche combo. I would down that plate for breakfast right now if I had it!

Wow, That's a nice looking sandwich. Love that bread too. Good stuff.

Thank you very much. Appreciate it. The Brioche bun stood up to the gravy of the beef much better than a standard roll or hamburger bun would have

Looks absolutely delicious Robert! Good call on toasting the bread and cheese.

:emoji_heart_eyes:

Like!

Thanks Joe!! I do know it has all the components you and your wife love. I highly recommend giving this a try....but you gotta go against the rule and get yet another kitchen gadget: the Emeril 360 air fryer. If nothing else you'll reaffirm your wife's belief that you have a kitchen gadget problem :emoji_laughing:

Getting Joe in trouble again,
Robert

that's a good lookin sandwich, but not sure if I would call it sandwich.

Alright Jim...i'll play silly and ignorant for a minute :emoji_astonished: If not a sandwich, what would you call it?

Kinda curious what I actually created,
Robert

I've never thought about cooking bacon in my Yoder but I'm gonna try that trick now.

I hadn't thought about it either until this go-round. I usually use an electric skillet but got the idea to grill it and I'll probably never go back to the skillet. The flavor is miles apart between frying and grilling.

I'm not kidding when I say my mouth is watering just looking at the pics and reading your post. It all looks and sounds so tasty.

Thank you sir...I think :emoji_wink: Not too sure what to think about making a guy drool, but I guess under the circumstances, it can be construed as a good thing. Seriously...I do appreciate the accolades. Hopefully you'll find these on your table in the near future.

Robert

Reactions: texomakid
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky