Chuck roast cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgaviator

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 9, 2010
First time doing a sous vide chuck roast. 131° for 48 hours. Rubbed with Worcestershire sauce and Montreal Steak before bagging. Lightly coated with Hellman’s mayo after patting dry and re-seasoned with more Montreal Steak seasoning. Then a sear on the KJ cast iron griddle for a minute a side. Served with a horseradish sauce I made. Took bag juices and reduced down with some added beef stock and butter and Bella mushrooms. What a phenomenal meal! Just like eating prime rib, but for much cheaper and foolproof! Enjoy the pics!
AF95D177-42C9-4E8F-A6E5-0C559F25D5D3.jpeg

1E55CB11-20AA-45BA-836F-AF16C2C43EA8.jpeg

CFCAFB40-8FEC-4471-84C8-EBBA46032B86.jpeg

190582D8-E2C7-4C80-B954-2FE57F80029F.jpeg

28C7BC96-A142-4076-9413-B62849CC8549.jpeg

8D6EDAB9-2B4B-4E0B-8B2C-8D8EA92C144C.jpeg

Wow! looks great. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now. Your post has inspired me to go for it!
Might have to do a cold smoke before the SV.

Last edited:
Reactions: bgaviator
Boy howdy does that ever look good! If two days in the sous vide bath gets it tender I'm going to give it a shot, Like. RAY

That looks Perfect, BG !!
Nice Job!
Like.
I've been doing my Chuckies @ 131° for 30 hours. I hate to have it go for a Double overnighter, but I might have to try 48 hours too.
Yours looks "That Good"!

Bear

That looks gooooood. I might have to break out the sous vide set up and give this a try. Matter of fact, I know I will.

Me 2, I'm shopping for a chuck tomorrow morning. Seems to be good for a lot more than just steaks, I want to open it up and see what I can get. RAY

I went to the store today so I could be a big copycat. They had spargees for $2.99lb so I walked out with three pounds. They wanted $6.99 lb for Chucks, I was looking for more like $2.99lb, so I passed. I'll go to Sams tomorrow and give them their$3.50 pound for a 2-pack and plan on Monday dinner. Safeway has a special for the weekend, untrimmed tri-tip for $2.29lb, limit of two. I opened my own account when I was there and finished it online when I got home, so now I'll be able to cop four. I just hate paying any more than I have to for meat, it's the principle. RAY

If anyone wants a killer horseradish sauce to go with this check this out. I don’t use fresh horseradish as called for in the recipe as all I had was jarred. Use 3 tablespoons jarred.
819E2BF1-9FDC-496A-B52E-CCA7A6F3924A.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky