Chuck Eye Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Pulled some Chuck Eye Steaks that been in freezer for over 2 years and where 50% off when bought them. Figured about time to grill them. Did a 24 hour dry brine. Rinsed and seasoning with Black Hardcore. Should of skipped the seasoning and just hit with some BPG. They where on the edge of being to salty. They came out tender and great flavor. Freezer did not hurt them a bit. Gave Roberts potatoes a try. Cheese on top a little over but they where very good. Used some sriracha seasoning on asparagus and turned them an orangish color.

20211104_124217.jpg 20211104_125046.jpg 20211104_134809.jpg

20211104_143949.jpg 20211104_144137.jpg

20211104_150010.jpg 20211104_150052.jpg

Finished up with a glass of Port. The last bottle of this was very good but this bottle not so much. I will be starting my Blueberry wine today than Strawberry after that.

20211104_163115.jpg

Last edited:
That plate with the cut steak made my stomach growl . Chuck eyes are one of my favorite steaks if I can find them .

Looks Great Brian!!
I love the Chuck Eyes----I think they're like small Ribeyes!!
Nowadays they aren't much cheaper than Ribeyes.
The only thing I don't like about them is they usually fall apart, so you have to be careful when you flip them, that you don't lose any parts!!
Everything looks Great !!
Like.

Bear

Nice! I especially like the Liquid Dessert.😁 I'll choose a good Port over Cake anytime.🤗 Now, a good Pie, Pecan, Apple with Cheddar Cheese, Lemon Meringue or Shoo-Fly? I need to take pause in that situation.🤩...JJ

Reactions: Bearcarver
Man those look great Brian. All around great meal!

Chuck eyes are one of my favorite steaks if I can find them .

Heck yeah I too love chuck eye's. Got a local grocery and was talking to the butcher one day and he told me that is the best value out there for the money. They are essentially ribeye's for half the price.

Got a local grocery and was talking to the butcher one day and he told me that is the best value out there for the money. They are essentially ribeye's for half the price.
Yup . Sits between the chuck and the rib section . Most places won't cut them , or the butcher takes them home . One per side is about it .

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Think glad just went 3 gallons wine. Crushing blueberries kind of a pain. Added some Campden Tablets and letting sit 24 hours before adding yeast. Think going to have to add some more sugar. Read 1.080 and need 1.090. Not sure what the best what to do that is?

20211105_114853.jpg 20211105_115439.jpg

Last edited:
Looks amazing! Hard to beat that steak plated with Hollandaise asparagus and potatoes! Man that had to be good!

Looks Great Brian!!
The only thing I don't like about them is they usually fall apart, so you have to be careful when you flip them, that you don't lose any parts!!
Like.

Bear
I first discovered the Chuck Eye on Porter Road
They have gone up, 15 bucks a piece last time I bought them, pasture raised, grass fed, and they come tied so they don't fall apart. These are my favorite as well.

Last edited:
Looks like a excellant meal Brian
Thanks it was.
That plate with the cut steak made my stomach growl . Chuck eyes are one of my favorite steaks if I can find them .
We lucky here Albertson has them all the time for less than $4 lb.
Great looking meal!
Jim
Thanks
That chucky plate looks great! Especially when paired with such a nice "porto" dessert!!! :emoji_wink:
Robert got me started on Port.
I eat it cold out of the fridge the next day .
And I did. Great flavor.
Looks like a very fine meal Brian. Nice work. . .
Thanks
Looks Great Brian!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks John.
Nice! I especially like the Liquid Dessert.😁 I'll choose a good Port over Cake anytime.🤗 Now, a good Pie, Pecan, Apple with Cheddar Cheese, Lemon Meringue or Shoo-Fly? I need to take pause in that situation.🤩...JJ
I just wish this was as good as the last bottle.
Man those look great Brian. All around great meal!
Heck yeah I too love chuck eye's. Got a local grocery and was talking to the butcher one day and he told me that is the best value out there for the money. They are essentially ribeye's for half the price.
Thanks. They have great flavor.
Excellent looking meal Brian!
Thanks
Yup . Sits between the chuck and the rib section . Most places won't cut them , or the butcher takes them home . One per side is about it .
Looks amazing! Hard to beat that steak plated with Hollandaise asparagus and potatoes! Man that had to be good!
Thanks
Whoah, that looks great! Nice job Brian.
Thanks
Great looking meal there Brian!
Al
Thanks Al
I first discovered the Chuck Eye on Porter Road
They have gone up, 15 bucks a piece last time I bought them, pasture raised, grass fed, and they come tied so they don't fall apart. These are my favorite as well.
We getthem pretty often less than $4.
This Week, at my store "Giant". Chuck Eye Steaks are $9.99 lb:
View attachment 515573

Bear

That 24 salt brine worker very well. These where so tender and full of flavor. Those taters where good also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky