Christmas Tree is already up????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2013
DFW North Texas
For gosh sakes… It's November 16 and the wife is putting out the Christmas Tree!  Anyone else got this going on? 

Brian

Ours go up 2 weeks before and comes down 1 week after.

After turkey day for us,, I have a friend in NC she already has it up with lights on????? put it up yesterday  I told her she was crazy

Hey BD

If it were up to me there would be a lit up Christmas tree in our living room year round--just love them.  HOWEVER--Linda does not agree with this idea.  So, we go out and cut one about the second week of Dec and it stays up until just after New Years day.  Sigh................At least when the tree is coming down and I have the trimmer out chopping it up, it all goes into the fireplace and the house smells GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

I tell my wife every year, ya might just as well cancel Thanksgiving. Last couple years you'd have to throw Halloweeen in that threat as well. Dang shopping mall already has tree lit and Santa sitting there. Doesn't anyone remember the Pilgrims? 12 days of Christmas my culo...as commercial as it's getting....they start right after labor day weekend and don't quit after New Years. 

I tell my wife every year, ya might just as well cancel Thanksgiving. Last couple years you'd have to throw Halloweeen in that threat as well. Dang shopping mall already has tree lit and Santa sitting there. Doesn't anyone remember the Pilgrims? 12 days of Christmas my culo...as commercial as it's getting....they start right after labor day weekend and don't quit after New Years. 
Was in a Macy's the week before Halloween getting socks for a business  trip.  They were playing Christmas music. That stuff a'nt right. 

Hey BD

If it were up to me there would be a lit up Christmas tree in our living room year round--just love them.  HOWEVER--Linda does not agree with this idea.  So, we go out and cut one about the second week of Dec and it stays up until just after New Years day.  Sigh................At least when the tree is coming down and I have the trimmer out chopping it up, it all goes into the fireplace and the house smells GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary
LOL Gary, Here in Texas we have a name for trees left up all year around.  Texas Ficus 

Hey i'm certainly not a Scrooge   But enjoy a change of holiday.

Perhaps we can call them something other than Christmas Trees? I love the looks of them as much as the next guy.....I just don't want to see this shit before the leaves come off the trees!! Does that make me a frickin Scrooge?

You can't smoke with 'em....... I'd rather a nice hickory or apple or pecan.......

I can remember using a tumble weed one year. Definitely a conversation starter. Little blinking lights, spray with fake snow, some strings of popcorn.... hung crushed empty beer cans. Then burned it in the New Years fire pit. Isn't that a Kowboy Kwanza tradition?

A Tumble weed… Awesome.  Must have been a west texas oil patch adventure.

When I was a kid, the Christmas tree was put up a week before Christmas. Now, It is sometime around the beginning of December which I think is still too early. 

I am trying to talk the missus into decorating trees on our acreage instead of doing any inside tree. Apparently, I am wrong.

Disco

If your missus is like my missus  you are probably wrong more than you are right! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky