Christmas Tree is already up????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hey Disco

Of course you are wrong.  We're ALWAYS wrong--its just the nature of the beast  LOL

Gary
Disco is just keeping the peace Gary.  LOL  Seriously… The tree is up and I haven't had my pumpkin pie yet. Wrong….

Wife and I don't celebrate christmas so we do not decorate for it. But I will agree to me it is just not right having christmas stuff up and out and about before thanksgiving. Heck here some of the stores had christmas stuff out before halloween.

When I was a kid we did a tree up 1 or 2 weeks before christmas and it was down before new years day.

Well we finally put the tree up tonight.  Linda and her daughter decorated it beautifully.  I of course did what I do every year--poured myself a martini and stayed out of the way.  LOL

Unfortunately, 15 mins after they were finished and everything was put away.........

So, stood it up, cleaned up all the broken ornaments and about a gallon of water, and the girls had at it again.  This time I put 10 of my BIG wrenches on the base--it ain't going anywhere!!

Gary

Last edited:
I put up a pink tree, that is obviously not made of pine needles (which keeps me and the dogs healthier as it be, because let's face it, they could have a bad allergic reaction to the pine needles and resins, and I just hate when I'm urinating in the living room - OK OK, but reverse that, and you'll get my story) although that gets erected days before Christmas and comes down the next day.

Then it is on to New Year's Eve mode! And then Valentine's! And so it goes!

Cheers! - Leah

My wife had the Christmas tree up 2 days before Thanksgiving, and the living room is covered in garland and elves currently as of last night. But I have a wife that started listening to Christmas music in August.

Hey Brian!!

I know Mrs Bear is chomping at the bit, because she couldn't have a tree last year. It would have been between the Pellet stove and my oxygen. Tree would have made a Great Torch!!

Bear

Hi Gary!

It's ME with the allergy and the DOGS who don't need a live tree to mark inside, although sometimes I get it confused and think it's the other way around??? Smiles.

And I know, I know, a "PINK" tree gives new meaning to a gal's touch at Christmas time I do suppose.

Thankfully, I have a husband secure enough in his manhood that he allows me that little indulgence. (Or maybe he saves his battle choices for other things)? Smiles again.

Hey, so long as the steaks are not "PINK" (as we want them BORDEAUX RED and actually COLD in the middle) then all things shall be well!

Merry Christmas Season already therefore!!! And to all! It is a fabulous and festive time of year!!! Cheers!!!!!!!! - Leah

Ma Dutch is itch'n to get our tree up. When we moved into our current place 6 months ago, I told my son to stick the tree in the most inaccessable part of the shed. Last Sunday Ma stated that since she was scheduled off on Tuesday (yesterday) that she was getting the tree out and putting the tree up. I texted my son and told him that if he came over to dig the tree out of the shed I was going to flatten the tires on his new truck. Anyhoo, when I got home yesterday, I asked Ma were the tree was; she replied that MY son was being a stink butt was wasn't replying to her text messages and the dang tree is still in the shed.

I'll get the tree out of the shed on Friday and she can have fun all weekend decorating it with the grandkids.

She even called me an ornery old grouch cuz I won't watch Christmas shows with her in November and I don't listen to Christmas music until Dec. 1st. Thank the Lord for Talk Radio and MP3 players.

LOL----Sounds familiar, Dutch!!

No Christmas Music just yet, but already watched 4 of those movies in the last week!!!

Bear

Thanks Leah

The elves and ladder were made by my father in law about 30 years ago.  Afraid they're getting like me--old and fragile.  One lost both legs in the crash--I'm glueing them back on as we speak.  The other one lost a leg 2 years ago and an arm which I reattached last year.  This time he was beyond repair and joined the birchwood in the fireplace last night.  So now there are three

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky