Chipotle Lime & Mesquite CBP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redheelerdog

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 4, 2011
Montana - Big Sky Country
Here's 7 lbs of pork butt and 3 lbs of elk.

Split the batch in half and added Owens BBQ Chipotle Lime for the first 5 lbs and Mesquite CBP for the next 5 lbs.

Ground, mixed and set overnight in the fridge.

Stuffed the next morning in 34mm hog cases.

Smoked in my new MES 40 BT with pitmasters choice to an IT of ~140F and finished in a hot bath to 160F, then an ice water dunk.

Bloomed in the nice cool garage overnight.

The Owens BBQ spice turned out excellent.

Thanks for looking!

Great looking Rings!

points1.png

Looks Fantastic  Great Job,  Do you have my Address ?? 
biggrin.gif

Points to you

Gary

Great thread.

I love the texture the meat has.

That looks like some great sausage! I'm with Al to clean is it a new toy?

Thanks for the kind words and points guys. Yes, I did get a new toy, its a MES 40" blue tooth from Sam's club, got it for $279 which is a great deal, and yes, I DID season it, doesn't look it but it is. Ran it hot for 8hrs and added some old sausage I just let fat out, put some pitmasters choice through it also.

John that sausage looks great,My new MES 40 is just as clean, and I have it 6 plus months. Points

Richie 

Man, that looks great. Got some pork butts to trim some freezer burn off. Got plenty of seasoning. Curing bacon, smoking, slicing, deer season, Whooee,
icon14.gif

Dang nab it RHD them looks gooooooodd!!! POINT,,,,, How was the texture with only 3lbs of elk,, I was going to do some but I was going to go 50/50 

DS

Dang nab it RHD them looks gooooooodd!!! POINT,,,,, How was the texture with only 3lbs of elk,, I was going to do some but I was going to go 50/50 

DS

The texture was great with 3lbs of elk, I did grind the PB when it was almost still frozen and pre-cooled all the grinder part in the freezer, that does add to the particle size.

I was trying to stretch out the last of my elk, but then a buddy of mine's dad had a bunch in his freezer and gave me some more! Score!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky