Chinese Hunan cured smoked pork belly & cured sausage making process!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Watched this video this morning. Think someone wanted to do jerky or something the old way. This is large scale but looks to be all done with salt and smoke as the cure.
End product looks real good. Would love to visit there some day.

KBF, Looks delicious, I wonder if their techniques are up to snuff with the USDA standards ? LOL

Interesting video. I like how they cut the pork to feed the grinder in one long strip. Could do that with my LEM #12 for sure. I noticed that the pork did not look chilled for grinding....wonder how the texture of the final sausage is?

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Interesting video. I like how they cut the pork to feed the grinder in one long strip. Could do that with my LEM #12 for sure. I noticed that the pork did not look chilled for grinding....wonder how the texture of the final sausage is?
First thing I noticed was everyone walking around in short sleeves shorts and flip flops and the meat was easy room temperature. Our FSIS inspectors would have a ball over there. Still nothing saying anything is necessarily wrong with there process, is much like we here were 100 years ago. Salt, and a lot of it, then dry it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky