Chinese BBQ'd Pork and Smokey Fried Rice....something different

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
This was my second attempt on the new Hasty Bake. I used a pouch of apple pellets on top of the hot coals for my smoke. I didn't want a strong smoke.. the marinade is pretty powerful by itself.
The unit has the ability to smoke at low temps or crank the hot coal rack up for a high heat sear..
I butterflied a back pork loin..

made a marinade of...
2 cloves minced garlic
one "thumb sized" piece of fresh ginger peeled and minced
3 tsp sherry
3 1/2 TBS soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 TBs honey
1/2 tsp five spice
and about 1/2 tsp red food coloring
Bagged and let it chill overnight...

layed scallions on the marinated pork...then rolled and tied.

added a dish of rice in chicken broth ..

made some smokey fried rice to go with the Chinese BBQ'd pork.

I liked it.....a lot! :)

Thanks for looking!

Awesome job Cowgirl
77.gif

Thanks for sharin'
2thumbs.gif

What temp did you smoke at and hiw long did it take? Hom much did it weigh?  It looks delicious can't wait to try it.  I love Chinese BBQ Pork.

Dang it Jeannie what toy ( besides a coffee roaster ) don't you have? Now with the Hasty Bake too !!

What a fantastic plate of food - you rocked it

Cowgirl Jeanie, now that's one good looking meal! From raw pork to finished presentation that one get's an A++ in my book, just wish I could taste it! LOL Good work Jeanie, keep up the good work and may all of your smokes be great ones!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry
biggrin.gif

Well Jeanie you plated it up so well, it looks like the cover page to a food magazine. Congrats!

Thank you Les, Raptor, Dude and Tyotrain..... heck yeah Dude, come on over. :)

What temp did you smoke at and hiw long did it take? Hom much did it weigh?  It looks delicious can't wait to try it.  I love Chinese BBQ Pork.
Thanks tjoff!  I smoked it at 225F and brought the internal temperature up to 145F then covered it and let it rest while I made the rice.

I didn't weigh the loin, it's some homegrown, home butchered pork.  If you need to,  you can make a double batch of the marinade so you have enough to cover what ever meat you are using.  I usually make this with sliced pork butt or shoulder but went with the loin instead.

Hope this helps, good luck to you! :)

LOL Thanks  Meat!!

Dang it Jeannie what toy ( besides a coffee roaster ) don't you have? Now with the Hasty Bake too !!

What a fantastic plate of food - you rocked it
Gary my patio is gettin' crowded but I can always add on. lol  I'd love to be able to roast coffee as tasty as yours!!!  Thanks....

Cowgirl Jeanie, now that's one good looking meal! From raw pork to finished presentation that one get's an A++ in my book, just wish I could taste it! LOL Good work Jeanie, keep up the good work and may all of your smokes be great ones!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry
biggrin.gif
Barry.... (((HUGS)))  You're a great friend. Thanks!

Thank you Al, Craig and Paul!!    GROUP (((HUG)))...
biggrin.gif

You never fail to impress!  Nicely done Cowgirl!
Thank you Meat!
biggrin.gif

Wow that looks really good!

How about that rice?

How long did you leave it in there for? till the Broth was gone? than you fried it up... just curious...
Thanks Steve!

I used a basic fried rice recipe. I smoked the rice because I had the grill going... it seemed like a good idea at the time. lol The rice was just dry rice and chicken stock with a bit of salt... After the rice absorbed the stock I removed it from the cooker and covered it until needed.

I fry 2 beaten eggs in a little bit of oil then remove from the skillet...
then saute minced onions, green onions, one clove of garlic.. and shredded cooked meat (if you have any on hand) in a small amount of oil.

Add 2 cups of cooked rice
1TBs of soy sauce
1/4 tsp of sugar
salt to taste

You can add as much salt, soy and sugar as you like. Also I had planned on adding peas and whole corn kernals but got wrapped up in wanting to taste the pork that I forgot!
Feel free to add any veggies you like.
I also like minced water chestnuts in mine.. I just like the crunch they add.

Cut the cooked eggs into strips and add to the mix, saving a few to sprinkle on top. I sprinkle the top with sliced scallions too.

I'm sure there are many really good fried rice recipes out there. This is the basic one I start with.

Good luck and thanks again!! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky