Chicken, Ribs, and Dr Pepper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AtomicDonkey

Original poster
Sep 30, 2019
I haven't posted a lot since joining. Do mostly to be a single father with kids and a job and a nasty beer brewing habit. Then throw my new obsession of smoking in there. But I've been in love with my WSM since day 1 and have been even prouder of what I've accomplished to date. Over the weekend i smoked an 8lb chicken and 2 racks of baby backs. Just wanted to make my first real post and show some photos. This smoking food thing is more incredible and fun than I imagined it wold be. Everything turned out so good. Family and friends couldn't stop saying how great it was. Perhaps there was a little ass kissing in there, I don't know. The chicken was the most moist chicken I've made or had. And easily the most perfect amount of smoke flavor I've done to date. The ribs fell off the bone and were some of the best I've ever had. 7 hrs total time on the smoker. I'm a happy happy man. Plus, as a lifelong Eagles fan i got to see Coach Reid win the big one!!

Attachments

• Food 2.jpg
    Food 2.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Food 3.jpg
    Food 3.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 31
  • Food 4 Chicken.jpg
    Food 4 Chicken.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Food 5 chicken.jpg
    Food 5 chicken.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Food 5.jpg
    Food 5.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Food.jpg
    Food.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 33
Nice looking cook there guy.

Warren
Thank you my friend. The only other time I fell so quickly for a "hobby" was when I brewed my first batch of beer 14 years ago. 3 years later I found myself leaving a great job to go brew beer and distill professionally. Did that for the next 11 years. We shall see what happens this time. :)

Ribs and chicken look great man! The color on both are outstanding! Wish I had the means and time to brew my own beer! Points for sure.
Gracias Mi Amigo. Could not have been happier with the results. The homebrewing thing would take a solid saturday from 6am to 6pm. I brewed 10 gallons almost every weekend for a long time before getting the head brewing gig in my area. After 7 years or so I took a job distilling. Love it all. And in my mind its very similar to smoking. Pay attention to the details and you cant go wrong.

Thank you my friend. I know I've got a long way to go and a lot more to learn, but I am damn happy, so was the family, with the results so far.

You will only get better with experience. There is a wealth of it here on this forum.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky