Chicken quarters and stuffed bacon wrapped portabellas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Phil Chart

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 16, 2017
Green Bay wi
IMG_1660.JPG
IMG_1661.JPG
IMG_1665.JPG
IMG_1663.JPG
IMG_1668.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG
Tried something different Sunday in my uds. I have always grilled my portabellas with mozzarella. So I took cream cheese and mixed in some homemade Canadian bacon and diced jalapeños and some killer hogs AP and Bbq rub. Wrapped them in bacon. Next time I will trim of the extra bacon.The chicken was olive oil and killer hogs bbq rub. Hopefully my pictures come out in order. Still not good at posting stuff of my iPad
Enjoy

Chicken and shrooms look delicious. Never thought about wrapping them in bacon. Something I definitely have to try.

That is one delicious looking meal!
Great idea with the mushrooms!
Everything looks fantastic!
Nice job on the UDS if you built it!
Congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Thanks. I put the sauce on the chicken and mushrooms about the last 15 minutes of the cook so it would not burn. Chicken was at 165 it then sauced

Reactions: Geebs
Chicken and Portabella's. That looks so good. But --Trim off the extra bacon? Now that's just going too far there. You just need to find bigger mushrooms so no trimming needed. I like the old point system so POINTS to you

Meal looks great nice smoke and nice smoker!

If you are ever looking for something similar but a little different try stuffing the mushrooms with boursin cheese! I usually do that with my bacon wrapped jalapenos always turns out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky